Good things come to those who wait...

Lilia Richards-
I'm starting to believe that I won't get my letter, we've had no owls for weeks and I can just sense that my acceptance letter has yet to have even been written. Of course mother and father won't be disappointed, they say there's too many risks at Hogwarts and my secret would be revealed the moment I step into that school. I had longed for the day I get my letter and now finally I can see that my opportunity will never rise.

My family is strange, there are so many secrets that are dying to be let out but father needed his reputation to remain high. My grandfather used to work for The Dark Lord before he vanished after almost being defeated in a battle. He would tell me stories about it growing up, trying to miss out most of the details of course, but I understood them much more than I led on. Grandfather used to tell me stories also about his time at Hogwarts, he was a Slytherin obviously and by the sounds of things he sure didn't let his reputation fall, ever. Maybe that is why father acts the way he does, stubborn and arrogant. I don't remember a time when father had been peaceful, the man I called my father was really just an instructor that demanded things my entire life. Mother is sweet on the inside, she has a bigger heart that anyone I've known, she just has to cover it up so she doesn't get hurt. Father always told me that 'caring gets you killed' , does that mean he doesn't care for mother and I? Or was that just his way or shielding his true feelings.

One night mother gracefully entered my room and hovered at the end of my large black four poster bed, staring out of the large window to the gardens of our manor. She looked sad, worried even. Her brows furrowed as she fiddled nervously with the rings on her dainty long fingers. Mother has gorgeous hazel coloured hair and beautiful green eyes that fitted perfectly into her angelic face, I didn't like seeing this dull look on her face so I grabbed her bony hand and pulled her fragile structure to sit on my bed. "What is it mother? What's happened" I asked in a delicate tone, she turned to me and stared deeply into my confused emerald eyes. "Your father and I know how long you've been waiting for your letter sweetheart-" my heart dropped, "we have received it today, but before you get excited..." she warned with an apologetic look "we have kindly declined their offer until further notice, it's not safe there, not yet-" my heart sunk back into place as I felt the restrained tears prickling my eyes. "But why, mother? I have waited so long for this day, to find out if I really am worthy enough" I stared back at her as the boiling blood coursed though my veins, I was so angry and I knew this was indeed my fathers doing. "We know you've dreamed of going to Hogwarts since you could speak my darling but for now you'll have to wait just a little longer, I promise you that I will make this right my beautiful girl" my mother spoke in a fragile tone, I couldn't help but wrap my arms tightly around her in hope for her to do the same. "It's not your fault mother, good things to come to those who wait" I said as she wrapped her arms around me pulling her hands gently through my long brown hair.

I knew my mother didn't want any of this. I just had to wait....
Months and days passed, strange things were happening in my home and I knew it. I knew all the first years would have started at Hogwarts by now, I knew I was missing out. I was told to stay in my room most of the time, but I didn't of course. I had to find out what was going on... who kept visiting my home.... what they wanted...

A/n-
Hey guys so this is my first ever story, I've been reading others peoples work for ages and I finally decided to give it a go... please let me know what you think and if there's anything I can improve on? Remember to stay hydrated and eat some food today! I love you all and if anyone ever needs to talk to someone let me know because I'm here to listen:)