>| 8 |<

I grab my phone and opened my messages.

My mom had messaged me.

"Sorry for not telling you! But me and your dad had to travel for work! Theres food at home, maybe hang out at your friend's house? See you, stay safe, love you!! Promise to be back before graduation!" I read out loud, almost sobbing. Someone hugged me from behind, Matsukawa.

"Sorry," he whispers to me. I wipe the tears off my face and nod, "Yeah yeah, It's fine, not like I wanted them to see it or anything." I tell him and he hugs me tighter

"C'mon, my grandparents wanna say Hi," He says and brings me to his grandparents who were holding the twins.

"Hanamaki! You did amazing, where are your parents?" His grandma began, "They couldn't make it..." I tell them and they sigh, "Oh... Well, wanna join us for dinner?" She offers me and I nod.

Oikawa ran over to me with Iwaizumi, holding his hand, "Makki! Wanna have a sleepover at my house? You too Matsun-San!" Oikawa asked with his annoying tone, "Sure, why not," Matsukawa says and I nod. Oikawa squeals and drags Iwaizumi, who is blushing horribly, somewhere else.

''

When we got home to Matsukawa's house, there was some woman who prepared a bunch of food. "Sis!!" Matsukawa yelled and hugged her tightly, "Hey idiot, sorry I couldn't make it. Hope dinner makes up for it?" she says and Matsukawa jumped up and down, "yeah! Totally!"

We all sat down, said our prayers, and dug in. It was amazing. Most of my family dinners were just quiet or my parents talking about politics, but it was super fun here. Not to mention Matsukawa's sister was so funny, couldn't stop laughing the whole time.

''

Once again, me and Matsukawa went up to his room, completely stuffed. "Is like- your family amazing cooking skills genetics or something?" I ask and Matsukawa chuckles.

We throw ourselves onto the bed, lying next to each other. "I'm glad we're friends now," Matsukawa tells me and I smile.

Soon, the both of us fell asleep.