Chapter 9

Betty, Cheryl and Jughead are moving quickly through the halls of Sunset Meadows, trying not to be seen or heard. You never know when there is a nurse just roaming around, waiting to catch someone not where they are supposed to be.

As they walk down the halls, they have only two things in mind, to find Archie and Veronica and get the hell out of this place.

"Where do you think they are?" Betty asked as she looked around every corner, making sure the coast was clear.

"Maybe the common room, it seems to be the place everyone goes too." Cheryl said.

"Well, we all can't go in and then leave at the same time. It may alert the nurses." Jughead said.

"Okay, that makes sense. I'll go in and have them meet us by the laundry area. " Cheryl said.

"Sounds good. We will go and find Kevin. We will probably need his help to get out of here." Jughead said.

"Probably. I don't see us being able to just walk right out." Cheryl said as they stopped by the entrance to the Common area. "Be careful," Cheryl told them.

"Same." Betty said.

They went off in different directions.

~

Cheryl walks into the common area and immediately sees Archie and Veronica. They are playing chess over by the window. She hurried over there trying to stay unnoticed. But she freezes when the nurse looks at her and is about to get up. Cheryl started to panic. The phone rang and the nurse sat back down to answer it. Cheryl sighed in relief. She's glad she's almost out of here.

"Hey Cheryl" Veronica said as she smiled when she saw her friend.

"Umm. Listen. Meet me out in the hall in 5 minutes" she said and she turned away and walked off before they were able to say anything to her.

Archie and Veronica look at each other, having a silent conversation and after a few minutes they both get up and leave.

Cheryl meets then outside.

"What's up?" Archie asked.

"We are leaving." Cheryl said as she looked around. Making sure there is no one there. She's tired of looking over her shoulders.

"Now?" Veronica asked.

"Yes now." Cheryl said, talking a little too loudly. She was getting excited. She turned and looked and made sure no one was around. "Oops" she said quieter.

"Why?" Archie asked.

"No time. I will let you know when we're out of here. We are meeting with Jug and Betty" she said as she turned around and started to walk off. When she didn't hear any footsteps. Cheryl stops and turns. "Come on." she adds, turning and walking off again.

"Okay" Archie said.

Veronica grabs on to his hand. Both of them are very confused, neither of them know what is going on. They followed her nonetheless. They trust her.

~

Jughead and Betty head to the security office looking for Kevin. They arrive at the door and it's open just slightly.

"Psst" Betty whispered as she leaned in and saw him sitting at a computer.

Kevin looks over at her and gets up quickly "I'll be back" he tells the other guard who is watching something on his phone. He leaves the room and quietly shuts the door. "You guys shouldn't be here right now." He said. "You could be seen and everything we are working at will be useless." he said, slightly agitated at them. He didn't have time for them to be so careless.