Cigarettes and Annoying Remarks [F]

[Seulgi's pov]

I was sulking behind the huge building of our school. I'm upset because Dad can't pick me up again, it was going on for weeks. I like being around my Dad more than Mom, he's gentle and tells many stories while he's driving. Mom would usually nag me around then ask if I did great at school.

Coming here alone makes me feel relieved. I don't want anyone to know I'm this weak, if my Mom heard I acted like a brat because of such trivial things, she's going to say I'm being dramatic.

But I'm not, Dad's just spending more time with his work these past few days that I barely see him even in our own house. He's the only man who cared for my emotional health and I need to talk to him right now.

This part of the school had been abandoned by students, they said its too far and scary. That's why I'm sure no one would see me here.

The phone inside my pocket keeps vibrating, maybe it's Wendy.

I bit my lip, starting to feel guilty knowing that my best friend's worried.

"Hey, kid" A hoarse voice was heard coming from my back.

I furrowed my brows then turn around, "I'm not a kid"

It was a girl, she has a very dark locks, wearing a blue striped plaid shirt, beneath it was a white tee then black jeans.

The girl gives me an annoyed smile. "What are you doing here?"

"Go away, I came here first" I convinced myself to be brave, my Dad said I should start learning how to stand up for myself since I'm just one year away from college.

I glared at her when she only laughed at me.

"Eh? What're you gonna do? Cry loudly so your prince will suddenly show up to defend you?"

I gasped, she's pretty but she's also rude!

"Run away while I'm still being nice" She said seriously as she fished out a box from her pocket, I stared as she took out something suspiciously like a stick of cigarette.

"That's not good for you"

The girl scoffed. "I'll puff the smoke in front of your face if you're still here at the count of three"

She don't look like a bad person though and being around her makes me forget the reason why I cried in the first place. I wanted to help her and the first thing I did was pushing myself to take several steps closer to test if she would really hurt me.

"One"

I stopped when our faces are almost touching, I let out a shaky breath out of nervousness.

"How many sticks do you take once a day?"

Our height was almost even, I think she's at least 4-5 years older than me and she's not wearing any uniform so I'll assume she's studying at the university near our school.

"Two" She continued to count.

I sighed, it would've been easier if she starts to be nice and answer a simple question.

"What's your name?" I asked instead.

"Jooh-" She cleared her throat. "Thre..."

I didn't let her finish. I leaned in closer, my face was completely flushed and I can practically smell her this close.

She smells nice.

Oh.

No. You didn't see that.