nine

IX — NERVOUS

( y/n )my legs were warm, the surging burn hitting every muscle i had

( y/n )
my legs were warm, the surging burn hitting every muscle i had. it's been a while since i last skated and my body was on fire.

i watched katsuki's face the whole time i moved out there, and he looked like he could break down and cry. you could see visible shock in his eyes.

i bow low with a huge smile, screams roaring from every where. my heart does a small flip, i missed performing little shows here.

sliding back towards katsuki, my speed moves me into his arms.

a loud gasp is heard from the boy. within seconds he's hugging me back.

"did i fail to impress out there katsu?"
i smirk in the crook of his neck, i could feel a small whimper slipping from his mouth.

is he okay?

"kacchan?"
moving out of his neck i stand in front of him, cupping his cheeks in my hands.

"are you okay!"
i look into his beaming red orbs, pure joy spilled from the red sea.

"can- i- never mind, i want to try now"
something was on katsuki's mind and it was torturing him.

i small frown was set on my face, what the fuck is he thinking about?

he wanted to say something to me. i knew he did

i couldn't quite figure out why but, he was off. all of the sudden it's like he had a ground breaking discovery.

"for sure"

my smile bubbles back at him as i drab him by his scarf towards me.

-

"tomorrow we'll leave to my parents, that sound good ugly?"
katsuki's voice was small and quiet, abnormal for the boy.

"sounds fine to me katsu, you staying over tonight?"
i sat on the edge of my bed, shoving some casual clothes into my backpack.

"can i?"

"you don't have to ask me that katsuki, of course you can stay over dumbass! is your roommate being shitty too?"
looking up from my bag i see katsuki's brows knitted, his face was sour and looking up at the ceiling.

"yeah he's been texting me all fucking day where i am and accusing me of sleeping with you"
katsuki's voice raised up back to its angry usual tone.

"kyouka and i aren't even on speaking terms she's so annoying about it. we're friends like what's the big deal?! and if we're weren't just friends there's no reason to be such a dickface over it"
katsuki's face was plain and flat not a single expression readable.

"anyways i don't want to talk about that right now. i have a question though, off topic that is. you sounded like you wanted to ask me something after i skated for you. is something on your mind? you can tell me anything!"
i wanted to help katsuki out, which was a funny feeling to me.

i never sympathized with people, i wasn't ever sure how to. but something inside me really wanted to reach out to katsuki and hold him close. i wanted to fix his problems.

"no i'm fine ugly. i was just confused i didn't know someone as stupid as you could be so talented. i'm still better though!"

"katsu you fell on ur butt how many times? more than i did my first try. don't give me that"
i giggle at him, small explosions flickering from his hands.

his response wasn't satisfying, he was lying to me. i could see right through his insults. something was truly bothering him, in his mind he was fighting.

stubborn ass bakugo!

silence started to explode around the room, katsuki and i had nothing to say to each other.

he was in a terrible battle with his emotions, you could tell he had something pestering in his mind.

and i wanted to figure that out. i wanted to know why he was upset, it was out of no where too! what the hell was changing his whole attitude all of the sudden?!

more importantly.. why did i even care?!

peoples problems never mattered to me, i could care less why somebody is upset.

but katsuki bakugo happened to be different

"are you tired katsuki? you look puzzled"
i couldn't help myself but to bring it up again. he looked so sad and confused.

"kinda"
he answer was short, he kept his eyes screwed shut as he sat, legs crossed, on my bed.

a stupid pain in my chest was forming, god dammit why did i want to know him so badly

"come here"
i pull the blondes body towards me, his eyes jolting open as he tries to figure out what i'm doing.

my body was moving before my head was, i didn't even truly know what i was trying to do.

talking his head i put in my lap, his eyes still looking at me.

"what the hell do you think your doing (l/n)?"

without replying i begin to play with his ash locks, moving my hands into his hair.

you could see the flow of tension leaving his body as i massage his scalp.

"you're a bad liar"
i snicker at the boy as i use one hand to rub his temples and the other to weave my fingers around his hair.

"what are you talking about now ugly!?"

"you aren't fine. something is bothering you today"

"nothings bothering me asshole! just- shut up"

i couldn't understand why katsuki was so uptight. i was the one asking how he was feeling, why couldn't he answer me

"katsu"
i released a sigh, continuing to play with katsuki's hair. i didn't know what to do, but stay and try to relieve his nerves.

i bent down to kiss his forehead getting a huff to groan out of the boy

i wished there was something i could do, or maybe say to katsuki.

"why're u being all over me (l/n) you're the one acting strange"
i rested my forehead to his, a small frown appeared slightly.

i couldn't answer bakugo, some itch in my chest made it almost impossible for me to speak out to him.

what what i even say? i didn't know how i felt or why i was touching him

i didn't normally desire to touch anybody

why is it that now, i had an urge to caress him and be all weird?!

how would one even tell somebody that!

katsuki especially,
he was a lot different

first and foremost how did he even feel about me?

how did i feel about him?

why is this so complicated..