chapter six - twilight

Everything in her head was out of order. When she was at the office, she wanted to be in the studio. When she was in the studio, she wanted to be home. When she was home, she wanted to be with him. Constantly chasing some state of mind that was thrown into the mix of others.

The weight was getting heavier on her shoulders, the push and pull of everyone needing her. Elliot needed her for work, Monique needed her for friendship, the app team needed her for approvals. She was beginning to forget what it is that she needs.

Elliot had been quiet since the morning he left. Despite the overwhelming state she was in, his own attitude didn't escape her. She was just appreciative that he wasn't cold or callous towards her, but just quiet. Something was on his mind, but he was always the most unreadable.

She tried to run a list in her head of reasons why he'd be acting this way. She couldn't think of how she'd made him angry or upset. His schedule was more lax than usual which always seemed to benefit his mood.

She felt like broken glass that he was tip-toeing around. As if he'd be pricked by a sharp shard if he spoke the wrong way. She'd always hated kid gloves, but she also knew that it was entirely possible that it wasn't her fault.

The sound of his glass office door opening pulled her attention as he stepped out, gearing towards Casey's desk rather than hers. She furrowed her brows as she tried to listen to what he was saying.