The Day Before

The next morning Luca got up late, giving the fact he didn't go to bed until five that morning. The whole time he sat there watching as his wife and children slept.

All were in the room with him and Adele, even Talia and Josie. For some reason, RJ and Dominick ended up in there too.

Anyway, he watched all of the sleep before falling asleep himself. The ambush had nothing to do with it.

Mainly it was the thoughts of his father not being there when he woke the next morning. They all were so used to seeing him in the kitchen early in the mornings cooking breakfast.

Today he wouldn't be there, and Luca felt bad, especially for the children. Sighing, he got up, looking at the tons of children, making him smirk as he went to shower, dressing himself, then making his way to the office.

He knew he had to call Johan, Odette, Paris, and Rodney, but his finger hovered over their names button for a long period of time.

Finally, he hit Johan's name listen to the phone ring. Luca knew he was awoke because it was night there.

"Everything okay on your end Kohler?" Johan answered with Odette and someone else speaking in the background.

"As good as it can get, Berg. I'm not going to keep you. Just let you know we plan to have my Father's funeral in two days. I can send a jet..."

"Luca, you don't have to do all that we can get ourselves to Germany."

"If you insist, but I will have a house waiting on you. We will see you then."

Luca hurried, hanging up the phone. Then calling Paris and Rodney, who answered on the fourth ring with Riley screaming in the background.

"You two having trouble?"

"Hell, yeah, Luca, why the fuck, you and Jo didn't warn me how hard it is to deal with a newborn? But how are you holding up G."

"That was something you had to learn on your own as we did. I'm holding up. I'm just checking in to telling that the funeral is two days."

"We will be there," Rodney said, hanging up the phone again. Luca sigh going into an empty kitchen fixing breakfast.

Somewhere in between, he found himself in the morgue sitting talking to his father an if he could talk back.

"I'm trying not to lose it here. I know you told me, if anything what's to happen to you think about my wife and children. Which I'm trying to do..." He said, pausing for a moment, looking down at his feet.

"SHIT!" Luca yelled, realizing he had hit his hand. "Luca, hurting yourself isn't helping you, Baby," Adele said, walking in and over to his father, kissing his forehead, covering him before pushing him back in the cooler.

She walked up to him as if she were scared, making Luca pull her into a hug kissing the top of her head before he needed to hold her right now.

"What happen to your hand?"

"I broke it."

"Luca... I can see that. How? That is what I am asking."

Luca shook his head, pulling away from her. Adele knew he let his temper control him sometimes, especially in times like these.

"I got frustrated after finding my Dad dead, and you were missing. I punched the fucking wall. It got the worse end."

"Yeah, just like that wall got the worse end of you. This time your ass may need surgery," She said, kissing his fingertips pulling him to the door.