The Phoenix and The Rose (Prologue)

(Text like "this" are thoughts, mocking or when someone's reading. Thank you.)

(Also disclaimer, this book is OLD. Expect a lot of shitty and cringy writing and no original ideas.)

(3rd Person POV)

It was nighttime in the kingdom of Vale. The streets were quite empty and quiet, probably because it was pretty late at night. A boy, wearing a dark crimson hooded coat with a phoenix emblem on the right side and red metallic gauntlets on his forearms was walking down the street... This boy wasn't a human though... he had large off-white wings on his back; he was a Winged Faunus and on the inside of those wings where two strange objects... He had his hands in his coat pockets as he walked by himself; he looked as if he was looking for something... The he heard something... The sound of glass breaking and metal parrying one another... He looked up, revealing two red orbs for eyes as he turned the corner... What he saw was... interesting to say the least...

Boy: "Well that's something you don't see everyday..."

What he saw was a girl in a red cloak, wielding a massive red and black crescent bladed scythe fighting off a couple of men in suits... She seemed really skilled with that weapon... and she seemed to have reminded the boy of someone...

 and she seemed to have reminded the boy of someone

Boy: "So... that's your niece... huh Qrow?"

He looked back at the girl only to see a ginger guy in a Bowler hat and white suit walk up to her, holding his cane

Ginger Guy: "Well Red, I think we can all say that it's been an eventful evening, and as much as I'd love to stick around

Ginger Guy: "Well Red, I think we can all say that it's been an eventful evening, and as much as I'd love to stick around... I'm afraid this is where we part ways."

He lifted up his cane, revealing a barrel underneath. He pulled the trigger, launching an explosive round at the girl... The boy saw this and reacted by swiftly moving to the girl and blocking the shot with his wings, engulfing the two in a puff of smoke. The smoke didn't last long as the boy sprouted his wings with force, clearing all the smoke. He looked behind him as his wings folded back into their original position to see the girl looking at him in awe and with stars in her eyes but there was a slight shade of pink on her face too...