Chapter 9

~~~6 Months Later~~~

     In the months that followed, our kingdom had grown vastly. It spread across almost all of Brazil, and we controlled the water ways getting in and out of the country. The kingdom was renamed The Aquatic Empire, and was full of water elementals. There were occasionally a few other types of elementals that were born here, but most were water- and any water elementals born in other places typically came here to study and learn how to use their powers. There were also mud, coral and steam/mist elementals here. 

It was my coronation party- again. This time it was more secure and heavily guarded. I was waiting in the dressing room, staring at myself in the mirror.  I can't believe the time is here again, it feels like just yesterday we were fighting in the war...

"Are you ready?" My father said, coming into the room.

"Ready as I'll ever be. Weren't you nervous when you became king?"

"I was, but I was also getting married to your mother. A lot of grooms are nervous on their wedding day, but knowing I was about to go through a ceremony that would connect me and your mother forever- I couldn't have been more ready. That distracted me from my coronation."

"I'm glad you and mom are happy. You guys are like the golden standard for a relationship." He smiled, "I hope I have that one day." 

"You will." He replied, putting a giant arm around my soldiers and walked with me out of the room. We arrived at a blue curtain, which was the final place I would walk through as king. When I arrived on the other side, I would become king, "You'll do great Drake, I'm proud of you." He walked through the curtain, and began talking. I slowly began to tune him out and get lost in thought. For so long, I thought I wouldn't be a good king, but that trip really changed me. I just have to be confident, like my father. I can do this!

"Presenting, the future king!" An announcer yelled, snapping me out of my thoughts. I walked through the curtain, and saw my parents. I turned to the announcer and went along with the ceremony, which only lasted for about a minute or two, "King Drake II!" He yelled, and the crowd of citizens cheered. I gave a shy wave and turned back to my parents. My mother was crying, but with tears of joy and my father looked down at me with pride. 

"We are so proud of you Drake. You're going to make your kingdom proud." My mother said giving me a hug. 

"Thanks mom..." My brother and sister then walked up to me. 

"Good job Drake."

"Yeah bro, you did great." 

~~~~~~~~~

I was sitting down at a table eating, with some of my friends and family. Aolani and Kaleah were sitting to my right while Juno, Apollo and Jacob were sitting on my left.

"I can't believe you're finally a king now Drake." Juno said excitedly, grabbing a cream puff, "That's incredible!" The Empire of Magic eventually pushed out the humans as well, and expanded their empire. They also created a new kingdom, called The Middle Kingdom. Juno would take over The Middle Kingdom with Apollo- who would eventually become a king in a few months, while his brother Jacob would take over The Empire of Magic. The Empire of Magic had become a hub of air elementals, and magic users.

"You'll be a king soon as well, and I can't wait to attend the ceremony." I replied, and he smiled.

"I hope you'll also be at the wedding." Apollo said nonchalantly, grabbing a bowl of fruit. Juno's ears shot up. Apollo got out of his chair and gently took Juno's paw. He got down on one knee, and began looking at Juno with nothing but pure love in his eyes and a smile.

"Juno- my love and my prince. You are the light of my life, and make everyday special. You keep me in check and help me see clearly, and I genuinely don't know where I'd be without you. You've been with me through so many challenges, and I want you to be there for many more because I know I can do anything when you're with me. Juno, I love you... will you marry me?" He held out a necklace that had flowers with diamond and silver petals. The flower buds were made out of moonstone. Juno's eyes softened and started crying. He looked at Apollo with a gaze I've never seen before. 

"Of course..." He said, his voice cracking through tears as he hugged Apollo. Everyone in the room started cheering, and Apollo put the necklace on Juno. Apollo smiled and took Juno out for a walk.  

"I always knew this would eventually happen." Uzuri said happily. After protecting her kingdom with her father, The Jungle Kingdom expanded it's borders through all of India. Most of the lions there were earth lions, but powers also varied from crystal, stone and energy elementals. Uzuri also had a small palace built for her parents, who were in their 40's and 50's- which for an elemental lion, was like 70's or 80's. 

"I think in a way, we all knew."  I looked over and saw Uzuri and Tatsu walking in. 

"How's everything going?" Uzuri asked, grabbing a plate of fish. 

"It's actually going pretty well, we're having bridges built to connect some of the countries." Uzuri and Tatsu had taken over Japan, China and Korea. They were calling themselves The Lightning Nation, a place where lightning/storm, light, dark and sound elementals alike lived together. My parents walked over to say hello, and Kaleah and Aolani shared a glance. Aolani cleared his throat. 

"Well, since you're all here now- we'd like to announce something." Everyone shared a look of confusion, "We're... leaving."

"What?!" My mother yelled, almost screaming.

"Look mom, there's nothing here for me. The most I can ever be here is a military captain, and I don't want that to be my life... I want to do more. And I can do that if I leave. King Azad helped build more island chains around Hawaii. I'm going to form The Fire Empire and be a king." My mother looked hurt, and I didn't know how to explain my father's expression.

"And you? What do you want?" My mother asked, turning to Kaleah.

"Well, I don't want to be queen if that's what you're wondering. I became interested in the military a few months ago, and asked Aolani to teach me everything he knows... and I'm actually... pretty good at fighting. I could be a captain, but not here. There are way more qualified people than me, who have been here longer. It would take forever to reach that rank, or ever a rank that's just slightly below that. If I go with Aolani, I don't have to just be a princess anymore. I can be a captain and lead the new nation- our nation- to victory and prosperity."

"Are you going to be okay?" My father asked, looking concerned.

"We'll get by just fine." My brother said, hugging my mom. My father picked up Kaleah, embracing her in a bear hug.

"But are you sure?"

"Yes dad, I'm sure- I'll be okay." A sigh of relief escaped his mouth.

"Why don't you stay here an train for a year? And when you're ready to leave, we'll give you a bunch of supplies. That'll also give you time to construct buildings for the kingdom." My brother and sister agreed, and we finished eating and partying the night away. Eventually we went outside, and saw Apollo and Juno cuddling on a cloud. Everyone is moving on... maybe one day I'll move on and be that happy too.