Chapter Eighteen

Carina was finally home. After three years in Spain and a two-months-delay with her transfer, Carina was finally back in England, and though she enjoyed the sunny days in Spain, there was nothing like the cold and rainy days of England. She decided to take the Muggle train when traveling back to the country to enjoy the view, taking a couple of trains before she finally arrived at the nostalgic station that has been the very gateway to their numerous adventures. King's Cross. When she stepped out of the train with her bags, Carina was suddenly tackled to the ground by something heavy.

"WELCOME BACK!" Roman greeted her.

Carina grinned at the sight of Roman's familiar auburn hair, and though she wanted to hug him as well, she was getting crushed with his heavy body.

"GET OFF OF ME!" Carina laughed as she pushed him to the side.

"Hello, Carina," Morgan greeted her, he held out his hand for her and helped her to her feet. "I must say, Spain suits you well." He chuckled as he admired Carina's clothes.

"Don't worry, I got you one as well," Carina winked at him.

"What about me?" Roman got up, he went to grab Carina's bags.

Carina grabbed one of her bags from Roman, as she didn't want anyone carrying her bags for her. "You'll see later. Where is everybody?"

"Oh, you know, doing their own thing - Maisie's probably still in St. Mungo's - Draco in his Manor, enjoying the married life - George at the shop - the twins are probably at school - and Sirius is probably kidnapping Teddy so they could go on a joy-ride on your motorcycle," Roman led them to his car that was parked outside. He opened the trunk and got Carina's bags inside.

"And Remus, how is he?" Carina asked, knowing that her godfather is still struggling to find work. During those three years, she has been gone, she has heard from her father and Roman that Remus had multiple jobs but were let go due to the fact that he was a werewolf, it angered her that he was still treated that way even though Hermione has been leading the S.P.E.W. and the Werewolf Rights in the Ministry. It seems people are still not open to the idea of seeing werewolves as humans.

"He's doing fine," Roman said. "I would see him at Diagon Alley with Sirius - they would always pick up the twins with Teddy so they could play at the park."

Carina laughed, "maybe I should ask Tonks about how she feels knowing that my father is Remus' second wife."

"Please, the moment she married Remus she already knew that Sirius would always be there barging in their lives."

"By the way, when is Theodore coming home?" Morgan asked.

"He said that he'll be here by December," Carina replied.

"SERIOUSLY?! WHY CAN'T HE COME HERE NOW?!" Roman exclaimed.

"Gee, I don't know, because he's now also in charge with handling the reserve - which is like a promotion - is still studying how to train dragons, and is being asked to give a short talk at Dumstrang about Magical Beasts," Carina said with a deadpan look. "Not everyone has a free schedule like you, Rome."

Roman gasped, "I'm busy!"

"You've been on vacation for two weeks," Morgan told him. "I swear, I saw him trying to do Maeve's homework just to see if he could still pass Muggle exams."

"And I did," Roman grinned.

"Rome, Maeve is nine years old, there's something wrong with you if you can't do simple multiplication or division," Carina stated.

The drive all the way to Ottery St. Catchpole was one of the most fun Carina has had since her last visit. Since it was quite a long drive, they drove to a fast-food chain to get something to eat. They laughed, joked, and told stories about their time apart, it was like the compartment at Hogwarts Express again, but this time it was a red Alfa Romeo, and Roman was driving (so, Carina and Morgan held on tight as he was driving it faster than anyone on the road. When they finally arrived at the Estate, the sound of the car had the twins and Teddy running out of the house to greet them, Carina got out of the car and went to greet her cousins and godson in a bone-crushing embrace.