Wishes

Om reached his office and once he was in his cabin, he immediately opened up his laptop and started to work on the business presentation that his family's company would be presenting to some other company about why that company should partner up with his family's company. 

As he started to work on that powerpoint, someone knocked on the door of his cabin.

Om: come in.

He said without looking up from his laptop. A woman entered the cabin, dressed in a formal suit. She looked at Om holding a birthday card in her hands.

Woman: happy birthday Omkara sir. 

Om knew what was going to happen. A bunch of women who worked in his company would enter his office cabin, say happy birthday and give him a birthday card with their number on it. 

His attention was still on his laptop as he said: thank you Shreya. If you have a card, keep it on my desk and go do your job. 

Shreya: okay sir. 

She sighed as she kept the card on the desk. He could have at least looked up at her. She left the room and then the lovely cycle of multiple women began. They wished him happy birthday, Om didn't look up to give them any attention and they had to keep the card on the desk before leaving the cabin. 

Half an hour later, a part of Om's desk was filled with a lot of birthday cards from pretty much all the women from the company. Om looked at the cards and groaned. He couldn't wait for his birthday to be over and then he wouldn't have deal with these women trying to get into his dms or trying to get his number. 

Om saved the powerpoint and kept the laptop lid down then he looked at the photo frame he kept on his desk. He picked the photo frame and picked it up, smiling. The photo was of a woman who had the most beautiful brown eyes that had golden flecks in them, long black hair that used to fly in slow breeze, she used to wear so many colourful bright bangles that he used to play with and she always used to play with her duapatta...it was cute, she was cute, she was beautiful and she was pretty much the most amazing woman in the world. 

Om: these women keep trying to get with me but Preciosa Mío, I am staying single forever. Love doesn't have any meaning to me if you're not in my life. 

Om: I love you Preciosa Mío.

He said, kissing the side of her head as they kept their feet in Ramganga River.

Her: what is Precdia Mia?

Om smiled as he kept her closer to him.

Om: Preciosa Mío means my precious in Spanish. 

She smiled shyly as she buried her head in the crook of his neck. He smiled at her cute shyness.

He missed her shy smile. Seeing her shy smile or her smile in general was enough to make his day. He kept her photo to a side and then got up from his chair to get some files to read.

.....

Richa: did you pray for his long life again?

She asked Gauri who was pouring a pot of milk over Shivji's soapstone. Gauri nodded as she finished pouring the pot of milk over the soapstone. She kept the pot to a side before folding her hands to pray.

Gauri: I always pray for him to have a long life even though he hurt me.

Richa: you are honestly amazing Gauri, you always put others first. You even wish good on the people who hurt you.

Gauri: I only wish good for those who once loved me. I know he loved me even though what he said stabbed my heart that day. 

Richa smiled. Gauri unfolded her hands and they went to get Payal before going home. After they reached their apartment flat, Gauri said: okay so Payal, I am going to work now. I will be back in the early evening, don't trouble Richa maasi.