Chapter 1

I quietly sat up from my ragged bed. " uhhh..." I said in a tired voice. I hadn't slept well in weeks. I turned around to see my little sister walking out of bed. "Issy?", I said in a confused tone. Why was she up this early? "Oh good morning sis!" Isonette said. "What are you doing up this early?" I asked. "I just woke up." She replied. That wasn't really an answer. "Ok..." I said in a confused tone. "Sis can we get some food? We haven't eaten in two days." "Sure." She was counting how long since we each ate? I walked out of bed to grab a bat. "Sis please be safe.." said Is0nette in a scared tone. She doesn't like being alone.. "Will sis no need to worry." "Ok.." I grabbed a pair of walkie-talkies from under my pillow, walked over to Isonette and gave her one. "Here" " Huh?" "I'll. contact you if anything goes wrong." I said trying to reassure her I'll be ok. She gets scared of losing me when I leave the base. She doesn't want to lose me like mom and dad. "Your sure?" She said. "Yes I'm sure." I said with a small smile. Issys eyes blinked a little before starting to cry. I realized that I was smiling. I immediately covered my mouth and went to comfort my sister. "Calm down, I'm fine, you are fine." I whispered into her ear. Issy wiped her tears from her eyes. "Sorry I got emotional sissy.." she said. "No need to apologize. I'm going to get some food." " o-okay..."