Chapter 3

As I was saying, I was on my way out the door, minding my own business and racing to get home to receive my piano when I ran right smack into...

...him.

  Seeing this guy from a distance was one thing yet seeing him up close and personal...can we get a high note from the Angelic choir? I had to snap myself back to reality.  "Well hello lovely, are you okay?" Is this for real: he has grey eyes. What made him more dangerous looking was that he had a black mask with fangs covering his mouth. I swear I wanted to lick my lips. "Umm, yes I'm okay. Thanks so much." "No problem. By the way, I'm-" Right before he gave me his name, someone called out to him and he ran off.  I think it's safe to say that my curiosity was on serious high alert.  "We'll see each other again. Believe that." he said before he ran off to catch up. Just that small run in and seeing him ran chills up my spine and left a real impression on me in more ways than one.  After he was gone out of sight, I headed out to get in my car. 

  Arriving home was wonderful as always.  My place is a condo in a nice cul du sac. It's a foreclosed home so I paid very little to nothing for it.  My mom encouraged me to take some real estate classes-just to be in the know.  I also took a Tax preparation course. Sorry, I'm not about to be someone's prison wife for my taxes not being done right.  Anywho, majority of my neighbors work and stay gone yet we have undercover cops that live in the area and my land manager, Mr. Leroy Nesbit, makes random trips to the area to ensure that everything's on the up and up.  My place is a flat, two bedroom condo, a spacious kitchen, a nicely size living room and a decent size backyard.  It's all in earth tones with waterfalls including a large ceiling-to-floor waterfall.  I mean I made it into my own paradise.  I have my dog, a German Shepard named Shadow.  He can be mean as hell yet he's so sweet. The problem is with being on the road and I can't give him the love and attention that he deserves nor can I always take him on the road with me.  Many hotels have a pet policy and they really prefer small dogs versus large dogs.  I've had him since he was a puppy.  He's just too adorable.  Well, because of my schedule, I've been thinking about letting my brother Jayson have him.  For right now, I'm in the office but soon, I'm going to be living out of the suittcase and on the road.  I really want him in great hands and perhaps when the time's right, I can get a smaller dog to go on the road with me. 

  A short time later, after tending to Shadow, the door bell rung and my piano was here!  I couldn't believe it.  I put Shadow in the bedroom as the guys brought in the Baby Grand piano.  It's black with white and pink piano keys.  Okay, let me explain why I love the piano so much.  When I was younger, there was a lady named Madame Pique that lived in the neighborhood.  She was a very popular piano player and she had two daughters named Pamela and Sammi who I used to be friends with.  The first time I went to their house, I saw this lovely piano that she was playing.  While I was waiting on them, I sat down at the piano and started to just play on the keys...nothing special.  She noticed that I would do this every single time I came by the house.  On a particular day, she happend to catch me playing.  She offered to teach me how to play for a small price.  She was a bit expensive but it was so worth it to me.  So every time I got paid, I would put some money aside for the lessons. She saw that I was so serious about this that she met me half way by teaching me sometimes for free.  By the time I graduated high school, I mastered it. I love to play.  Why? Well it's just like someone who races cars, does art, or anything else they enjoy: when I play, nothing else matters to me. When I'm playing, I'm free from all of my problems.  It feels so good to me.  I actually feel naked if I don't have a piano in my house.  Odd to say but it's true. 

  By the time night fell, Shadow was happily sleeping, I had an incredible dinner, everything was ready for tomorrow and the piano was perfect in my place. After my great shower and as I was in bed, I couldn't get Mr. Original Sin out of my head.  If his eyes alone can excite me then what would it be like if I get to see the entire package...from the inside out?

  As always, only time will tell...