Just A Kiss?

Kissing Levi feels different from Ryan. In many ways, though I don't know how to describe it. Ryan always felt safe, a place I could come back to, until he wasn't. Levi, it feels like a risk, but even though I've just been cheated on, I feel like I can trust him. I don't really know how to explain it, but I know the feeling's there.

If I have to be completely honest with myself, I don't want a safe place. I want a person who will push me to become stronger, not be satisfied at me giving up. Levi does that for me, always boosting me up, even when I think I can't go on.

That's not the only reason I've come to like him this way, though. Levi's funny, caring, sweet, and, above all, real. He doesn't try to fake just so everyone would like him, he's his own person, and that's what I like the most.

It feels... right to be with Levi.

My heart flutters as Levi brings his hand to the small of my back, pressing me closer to him.

His lips are soft, kissing me gently, as if he's hesitant. I move myself closer to him, assuring him that it's okay. Abruptly, he pulls away, running his hand through his hair in frustration. My cheeks flush. Maybe he didn't want to kiss me, maybe he doesn't think of me that way?

"I'm sorry," he murmurs, still looking away from me. "I don't know what I was thinking."

I shake my head in confusion. "What do you mean?"

He buries his head in his hands. "I shouldn't have kissed you when you're still..." he trails off.

I place my hand on his arm. "Do you think that I didn't want it? I kissed you back, Levi."

He pauses for a moment, but then jerks his arm away. He looks over at me, his gaze filled with pain. "I can't do this. It's not right."

I recoil. What?

"Levi-" I start, but he interrupts.

"No," he says firmly. "This, us, isn't good."

My cheeks start to heat up, and I stand up. "What do you mean?" I demand. "You kiss me, I kiss you back and you say that it isn't right? Why isn't it?"

My voice drops to a whisper. "Is it something I did?"

Levi's eyes snap up to mine. "No, it has nothing to do with you!"

I wring my hands. "Then why, Levi?"

His jaw clenches. "You won't understand."

"Try me," I reply, crossing my arms.

He opens his mouth as if to reply then closes it. He stands up, too, his arms hanging loosely at his side. "You should get home."

I stare at him, my lips parted in shock.

"Yeah," I say shaking my head in resignation. Levi nods and motions towards the bedroom.

"Your clothes?" he asks.

I make my way to the room, gathering all of the clothes that Levi brought over. A few moments later, tears start flowing down my cheeks, and I press my hand to my mouth, keeping quiet. I don't understand what went wrong. If it wasn't something I did, then what happened between us?

It seemed as if everyone I care about was leaving me. My dad, my mom, Ryan, Gwen, Kylie, and now Levi. I shakily take in a breath. I can't break down, not after everything I've been through. Especially not in Levi's bedroom.

I wipe my tears away and get up, carrying all the clothes along with me. Levi is waiting in the living room for me, his gaze trained on the floor. He glances up at me when I come out. "You ready to go?"

I nod wordlessly. Suddenly, my phone starts playing Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande. I pull it out of my pocket. Brooke is calling.

I motion towards my phone to let Levi know I have to take a call, and he nods. I turn away from him and put the phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"Cami!" Brooke says worriedly. "You aren't at home, where are you? Are you okay? Ryan is an asshole, he doesn't deserve you."

I exhale. "I'm at Levi's house. He let me stay the night."

Brooke pauses. "Levi's house? As in, the Levi who obviously has the hots for you?"

I roll my eyes. "Levi doesn't have the hots for me, Brooke, but yes. That Levi."

I don't bother lowering my voice. Who cares whether he hears me or not?

I hear Nick's voice in the background and grin. "Is Nick with you? Seems you two have been spending a lot of time together lately."

Brooke laughs. "Yeah, we have. He's a good person, you know?"

I nod, then realize she can't see me. "Yes, he is. I'm happy for you."

"Thanks, Cami. Are you staying with Levi then?"

"No, he's going to drop me off at home now."

"What happened?" she asks.

"I'll explain later," I reply. "I'll talk to you later, we need to get going."

"Wait! Don't hang up!" Brooke exclaims.

"What happened?"

"Do you want to stay at my house then? It feels like forever since we've last hung out for real, and I want to see you. Besides, we need a girls' weekend."

I smile. "That sounds great. Are you sure your parents won't mind?"

"Don't worry about them. I'll text you the address, tell Levi to drop you off there."

"Okay, see you later."

"Bye!"

I hang up, and my phone immediately buzzes with Brooke's text. I forward the address to Levi. "I just sent you Brooke's address. Can you drop me off there?"

He nods. "Alright."

We both get into the car, and the drive there is filled with an uncomfortable silence. I don't know what to say to him, even if I wanted to talk to him in the first place. Is there anything left to be said between us? Are we going to act like that kiss never happened? There are so many questions left unanswered, and I'm getting a headache thinking about them all.

Finally, we arrive at Brooke's house. I pause. "Thanks," I manage to say. "For letting me stay the night.

"No problem."

I look over at him. He stares right back, and I sigh. "See you later," I say, getting out of the car.

"Have a good time."

I smile softly. "I will."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello readers! We are over 1K reads! I cannot thank you enough!

Trust me, I am just as mad at Levi as all of you may be. However, he has a good reason for doing so, which will be shown in later chapters. 😉

I'm not going to lie, I completely forgot about Brooke until this chapter, and I'm very happy that my Brooke x Nick ship is sailing! What should be their ship name? Comment away!

I love you all! ❤

~Vanz