Chapter 1

Moloka'i, Hawaii 9:30am HST..

Gentle blue waves crashed against one of the many cliffs on the island of Moloka'i. The scene was the epitome of peace. A gentle breeze coming from the dark blue of the sea, seagulls and other seabirds flying around to get their prey; it was a place where one can relax without problems.

A figure could be seen sitting on top of the cliff, holding a small frame with one of their free hands. They were wearing clothing one would see from a naval officer, with the rank insignia showing the rank of the figure as a commander.

"Has it really been five years?" The figure thought. "Five years since that day, that everything went to hell."

"Hey, Mom, Dad." they said, their voice tinged with melancholy, "It's Charles, your son."

"So, things have happened since well, everything turned to a nightmare." The now named Charles chuckled dryly, "Well for one, I joined the Navy. Now, now, you're probably thinking, how did your lazy ass son who can't for the life of him do simple exercise without sweating like a waterfall join the goddamn navy?" He asked the picture.

"Admittedly? I don't know. I forgot the reason a long time ago, was it for revenge? To go give a fuck you to those aliens who turned everything upside down? Or was it because the navy lacked men and I wanted to help?"

He sniffed, "So yeah, I joined the Navy. Then rose up the ranks till I became a commander which, is well uh.. surprise!" He rose his hands up exaggeratedly.

He gave a small smile, "I didn't get to command a ship though, you see they promoted me for something else. To be the commander of the American shipgirl corps. Yeah! I didn't believe it too until I met her; grandpa's old ship, personified in the flesh. It was.. surreal."

"Oh! And I also got married," He glanced at the silver wedding ring snugly fit on his left ring finger. "Oh, who's the lucky girl, dad? Well it's grandpa's old ship. Crazy right?"

He glanced at the ring again, this time caressing it with his thumb, "We got married uh.. 2 months ago in May. It was a nice small chapel in the Philippines by the way. The reception was great also, courtesy of the other shipgirls who went on to make it memorable."

"Her sister ships were horrifying though, especially E. She literally aimed a light arrow to my crown jewels and said quote on quote would, 'Remove the very thing that made me a man if I so hurt her big sister.'" He shivered slightly at the memory. Who wouldn't get slight PTSD if an arrow of light was pointed directly onto your crown jewels point blank range? He also tried to ignore the slight giggling from behind him.

He slightly shook his head, trying to keep the raging emotions from within him from bursting out, "I-I just want to say that I missed you two, alot. I-It's just d-different ya know?" He paused inhaled deeply, his voice quivered and leaked emotion, "I.. just hope you're proud of me."

By now, the photo that looked like it'd seen better days had a few wet marks on it.

"I'm rather pathetic aren't I?" He thought dryly. "Gosh I'm a mess."

Two slender arms snaked through his shoulders, both wrapping around him into a hug as he felt a familiar warmth and a feeling of someone laying their chin on his head. "I thought grown men didn't cry?" The voice was teasing, but it had a tinge of melancholy in it.