Chapter Seven- We need to talk.

~~Ben's point of view~~

~July 2019~

I chose not to push the issue with Megan. I let her do her thing. I can't tell her she can't have love. For over a year now, she tells me daily that she loves me. I know that she does. I love her too. I just can't say the words. I do show her with my actions, but I know she needs more than that. I can't give that to her, and that is on me.

It was different this year. She came home happy; She has been her usual self this last month. I don't know what happened with Larkin, but I'm not going to argue. She came back to me, and she is happy. If it gets to a point where she isn't doing her job correctly or negatively affecting our home life, I step in and say something. Until then, she is free to do her thing but only with Larkin.

A knock comes on my office door. It's either Tad or Carrie; Megan doesn't knock. I usually go to her. She will come to me if she gets a hair in her ass and wants office sex. I never tell her no, especially when she asks for it.

Ben: "Come in."

Carrie pops her head in.

Carrie: "Tad wants you."

Ben: "Let me finish this report, and I'll be right there."

Carrie and Tad have four kids now. Carrie is done. She made sure they were done. I feel like I have grandchildren since I raised her. I love those kids. Seeing Tad have kids being the same age as I always made me wonder if I missed out on something. I finish my report and head to his office.

I wonder if this has something with all those business trips he has been taking. It offended Megan at first. She has been the face of the company for almost twelve years now. He goes often and has been since July of last year.

I knock on his door.

Tad: "Come in, Ben."

I open his door and go in. He has a serious look on his face. This could be good or bad; I find a seat and sit. When I do, he smiles. I let a breath. This isn't going to be bad but whatever it is has my edge on nerves.

Tad: "We need to talk. I have news, and I am not sure how you or Megan will feel about it. I will say this isn't a choice."

What the fuck? What has he done?

Ben: "What did you do?"

Tad: "I have decided to expand the business. I have thought about it for years now. All the trips Carrie and I have taken, and the ones that I have done alone have all been because of that."

Whew. Expansion I can handle.

Ben: "Where is the new location going to be?"

Tad: "Nashville. When I went earlier this month, it was too close on the building."

The one place I don't want to be, I don't know if things will stay the same if she has access to Larkin all the time. I don't know anything about him. We don't sit and have discussions about her lover.

Ben: "Why there?"

Tad: "The economy there is booming. Now is the time to do it. Megan loves that city too. I know she will jump at the chance to live there."

That's my fear. This could tear us apart. This could ruin everything we have built. If it does, it's all my fault. My stubbornness is smacking me in the face right now.