Living for You

Diana Williams strolled through the quaint village of Ottery St. Catchpole. It was her eighteenth birthday and instead of spending it all alone like she usually would she decided to go out and treat herself.

Most of the town was familiar with her already and waved at her kindly as she passed. "Good morning Miss. Williams!" greeted the man from the bakery. "Hello Mr. Jones! Lovely morning, isn't it?" Asked Diana, watching the snow fall. "Yes, but cold." commented the man, moving a few wooden crates. "Hello Diana dear!" smiled Mr. Jones' wife.

"Hell Mary, how's little Benjamin?" she asked the older woman. "Getting bigger everyday! It's quite frightening actually." laughed Mrs. Jones. They chatted for a few minutes before Diana said goodbye and continued on her way, down the stone path. She passed by the flower shop, waving hello to her friend Paris who seemed to be incredibly busy.

Diana stopped in front of the library, gazing at the large wooden bookshelves filled to the brim with books. She smiled and turned around to walk away only to come crashing into someone harshly. Diana fell with a gasp onto the snow filled pathway.

"Bloody hell, I'm sorry." apologized to someone above her.

Diana started to laugh happily and let her body fall back down on the soft snow.

"Just what every girl wishes on her birthday. To be knocked off her feet by a stranger." she said, grabbing a bit of snow in her hand and watching it fall in between her fingers. She began to stand up and noticed an outstretched hand in front of her.

"I can stand up on my own, don't worry." Diana assured the stranger, getting up and brushing the snow off her grey coat. "I really should watch where I'm going." said the stranger, rubbing his neck sheepishly. From the position he was standing in the shade of the book shop obscured his face.

"You really should, children pass through here all the time. You wouldn't want angry mothers on your tail." teased Diana, clearly not upset by the incident. The stranger chuckled lightly and titled his head, "Yeah, I really am sorry."

Diana shook her head and smiled warmly, "It's no problem at all. Besides, who doesn't love the snow?" she asked, looking around at the swirling snowflakes.
"Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?" asked the stranger politely.

"No, don't even trouble yourself." reassured Diana gracefully.

"It's not trouble at all." he insisted, "Consider it a... a birthday gift." he said, as Diana laughed. "I don't even know your name and you're buying me gifts?" She asked, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"How could I be so forgetful? I'm Fred, Fred Weasley." said the man, his face finally coming into view. His fiery red hair was a brilliant contrast to the pale white ice falling down from the sky. His smile was bright and friendly, and it was also very contagious.

"Well Mr. Weasley, I'm Diana Williams. Pleasure to.. bump into you." smiled Diana, shaking his hand.

He laughed.

Oh how beautiful his laugh was. It was lively and full, a comforting type of sound.

Diana smiled brightly, glad to know she was the one causing that beautiful laughter.

"Now that you know my name, you must allow me to treat you to something." He negotiated. "Well.. alright but only if I pay half." argued back Diana. Fred shook his head, "Oh no Miss.Williams, it's your birthday. I can't possibly allow you to pay for your own birthday gift. That simply unheard of!"