Birthday Brownie!

Days were passing like flowing river. Everyone had their own ways of spending days. I chose to read some extra stuff till my first trimester starts.

I did my morning routine and settled down on couch as usual day to read my book.  Saw zeenath talking to her family loudly no doubt. I tucked my headphone around my ears to cancel the external noise played Spring day by BTS and started reading.

After a while....

I got bored and started scrolling around my facebook and saw Zeenath's name under birthday page notifying me to wish her today.  I flinched for a moment and look towards her. She was still in conversation on video call. She didn't know i was looking at her. But i could see tears falling down from her eyes. She was trying her best to hide them from her family. I assumed it's her first birthday away from home and off course she is missing them. Suddenly I felt urge to do something to make her birthday special or at least memorable so that she will feel less alone.

Where planning started ...

I wasn't really close with her but i knew who was. I decided to plan a surprise for her with the help of her close friend Samina.
Samina and I really didn't had good bonding since day one. Also, she was really hard to talk with. But without her it was impossible to know exactly what kinda of party zeenath would appreciate.

I made my way to Samina's room. After i knocked and she let me in, I straightly got to point.
"Did you plan anything for Zeenath's birthday?", i asked.
"Off course we both are going out for celebration", she said still looking at her phone. I wasn't really surprise the way of her talking because everyone by now knew that this is her normal way. I snapped out of my thoughts and regained my politness again,
"But i want to make a surprise for her in our dorm.. after YOU BOTH will come back celebrating her birthday", I said sarcastically and she actually got triggered. She annoyingly replied, "Fine will help!!".
I told her my ideas and we discuss how she will take zeenath outside so i can decorate the hallroom with the help of others and then I will go search for cake shop with her not knwoing anything around.

In the evening..

With the help of other girls in the dorm, we decorated the hall area pretty much so that it will look like someone's birthday today. Everything was ready except for the cake and birthday girl. Both were outside, Samina lastly told me that we both will go search for cake shop after she will come back from her mini party she arranged for Zeenath. Except for how long it will take.

After 3 hours,
*phone buzzes*

Samina: hey come downstairs.. i'm waiting. let's go find the cake!!!
Me: alright.

I put my phone in the pocket and left the dorm. We both went outside to search around for cake but every shop was close by that time. Opened one didn't had one. I was loosing my temper on samina for coming so late. But just chose to ignore it.
"Where is zeenath?", I asked after realizing there is surprise arranged at home and zeenath will see it before time.
"She is on video call with her family downstairs where we have good wifi range", She replied.
I felt relieved but didn't know now how i will celebrate her birthday without the cake.

We both wasn't in mood to get lost in new city. So we decided to give upon the cake idea and return to dorm. When i saw a bakery shop opened around the corner. I felt like dancing right there with happiness. I quickly ran toward the shop and samina followed me. But the happiness faded away as owner denied of having any cake. Disappointment covered my face again.

"But ma'am i do have brownies which can help you celebrate the birthday if you want?", Owner said to my sad face.
Me and samina both exchanged looks and thought why not?
We bought all the brownies left and headed towards dorm.
I asked samina to bring her friend upstairs so that i can go before them and arrange the brownies.

I placed the brownies in shape of cake , put some candles on it lighten them and asked afreen to darken the room. Zeenath entered with her friend upstairs in hall.
"there is no light? maybe someone forget to turn on the switch?!", Zeenath said moving towards the light board. But in between that she noticed the lighten candles and i turn on the lights. She flinched on sudden unexpected surprise i guess.
everyone shouted and sang happy birthday song for her.
I can see happiness in her eyes. which made me happy and i almost forgot how exhausted i was few moments back. We all enjoyed the chocolate brownies and i found out that zeenath actually loves brownies. Samina pretended to be well known about her closed friend. I let her be because she somehow did help me alot. Zeenath gave me really sweet smile different from usual one maybe giving me a sign that she gets the efforts. I felt peace inside me knowing she is happy by the surprise.
I turned the music on speakers which i brought from dormitory owner wih the permission of celebrating the party till little late. We all enjoyed the food, drinks and  off course dancing.
At the end of party i could see Zeenath's happy face which prooved the success of party....