Chapter One

I looked around the alley, the busy ambiance immediately hit me. It was my fifth year of going to Hogwarts, so I had to get some new textbooks to match my new classes. I'm back home, I thought. Hogwarts had always been a second home to me, it was a connection that formed as soon as I had arrived for the first time. I had to stop by a couple of stores since my wand was getting a bit worn. After purchasing all of my textbooks I would need for the school year, I stopped by Ollivanders to get a new wand.

"Hello there! Welcome to Ollivanders! I suppose you're here for a wand?" Mr. Ollivander spoke to me as soon as I entered the shop.

"Ah, hello," I responded to his greeting, not really expecting such an enthusiastic welcome.

We chatted for a bit, discussing some of the new wands that he had in his inventory. I wasn't really interested in what he had to say, but he was nice and seemed like a genuine person, so I never interrupted his speech. 

Eventually, I made my purchase of a newer model of wands. Since my parents were quite wealthy, I didn't need to worry about the price and just got a high functioning wand. I left after making my purchase.

I looked down at my suitcase. It was getting heavy. I sighed, this was the price of being a witch, I thought. I checked my wristwatch, it was getting close to the time of the departure of the Hogwarts Express.

"Dammit.." I started to speedwalk in the direction of the platform. Eventually, I made it there, looking around the platform. The people were walking by, some even colliding with each other. The crowded atmosphere gave me a familiar feeling. It reminded me of the big city I lived in. But still, Hogwarts is more of a home to me. 

Someone bumps into me, apologizing. It was mainly my fault as I had realized I stopped moving in the middle of the walkway.  I looked at the sign that displayed the number 9. 

9 and 3/4, I thought to myself. I'd never failed this before, so I wasn't nervous about entering. So, taking a deep breath, I charged through the wall and arrived at Platform 9 and 3/4's. I looked at my watch. The departure was in 1 minute, I rushed over to the stopped train, I had never been this late before! I picked up my heavy suitcase for a moment, hopping onto the train. 

As I got on, I realized there probably wasn't any free compartments. Would I have to stand? I groaned, walking through the train and looking for a compartment. All were full, except for one which had three people inside. I knocked on the door, opening it shortly after. The three looked up at me, two guys and one girl.

"Is it okay if I sit with you all?" I made my voice sound confident.

"Of course." One of the boys spoke to me. His circular glasses stood out, and a scar on his forehead. I noted it and stepped inside the compartment.