Could it be him?

10 years later........

I heard my alarm go off. 6 am. Ugh I got up with a loud groan. I looked around my apartment which was half empty. I desperately need a roommate. I had hung op posters all around the city, but not heard back yet. I got out of bed and started getting ready. Put on my uniform and made some coffee, and sat down at the table scrolling through my messages. Summer had sent a picture of her on the set of her new movie: Avoiding herself. Sometimes that just seemed like a great idea to me I hadn't heard from Hayley in a while so I decided to send her a text:

[hey we should FaceTime sometime soon!]

I put down my phone and started making lunch for work. I graduated from medical school a year ago and had landed a great job at Vancouver general hospital. I like my job the people are great and Vancouver is a nice place to live.

I walked out the door and got into my car, I started the car and made my way to the hospital.

At the hospital I checked in for my shift at the front desk. My day starts off by making sure that the patients are comfortable. Then I go into the office and collect the paperwork that needs to be brought to the patients rooms. I check in with the doctors to make sure filled out and ready to go. The I get a coffee break. I usually spend mine with Daniel.

I met Dani on my first day at the hospital. It was his first day as well, and we were both super nervous. Since then we've stayed good friends.

"Hey Emily! How's it going?" He said as I walked into the break room.

He was standing in front of the coffee maker making coffee. I looked at him and replied:

"Same as always, the normal amount of car trouble and I still haven't found a roommate."

Daniel lived with his friend. I actually never met him or even really heard of him. The only thing I really knew of him was that they were friends since they were kids and had stayed in touch ever since.

Daniel looked at me with a smile and said:

"Here have some coffee it makes everything better."

I took the mug from him and sat down at the table.

"Hey why don't you come over after work? Me and Callum are gonna have some beers and you should join us."

I almost spat out my coffee at the mention of Callum's name.

"Are you okay?" Asked Daniel.

"Yes I'm fine." I said quickly trying to hide the fact that he had just dropped a massive bomb on me.

Could it be Callum I knew from high school?

"That sounds fun I'll be there after work!" I said and got up.

I walked out into the corridor. I took out my phone and click on Summer's number. We had stayed super close after we graduated high school.

I called her but it went straight to voicemail......

After a long shift at the hospital I was sitting on my bed going through my clothes. What was I gonna wear?

If this was the Callum I knew from high school I need to look my best. I put on a tight black dress and walked out of my apartment.