Part 5

Dally POV

I knew exactly where she was. She must be in the field behind the apartment buildings. She's gone there when shes gotten upset before. The other guys were following my lead. I really hope I'm right, becuase if she's not, I don't know where she could possible be. Damn Kitty. She's lucky I love her.

Pony POV

Dally led us to the field behind some apartment buildings. There was an old looking bench and a few trees. I wonder why they never moved anything back here. It looks like an old park. "Found her!" Soda yelled. We all ran over and looked down at the girl we all know too well, sleeping face down on the grass in a fetal position.

Darry POV

"What do we do?" Steve asked. "We leave her here and let her get found by Socs, Steve. What the h*ll do you think we're gonna do?" Dally said sarcastically. "Soda help me wake her up. The rest of you go get the truck from our house and drive it over here. She can't be walking," I explained. They did what I said.

Kitty POV

As I woke up, I heard voices. "KitKat, wake up, doll," he said. I realized it was Sodapop, making me instantly smile. Opening my eyes, I noticed Darry was there too. Sh*t. "Atta girl! We've looked all over for you KitKat!" he said, flashing his movie star smile. "You have?" I asked, feeling slightly guilty. "Yes we have. All over town like maniacs! And I'd like to know why the h*ll you took off like that," Darry cut in. "I'm crazy, Darry. I've come to realize that," I explained. "I do stupid things all the time," I said.

Just as I said that Darry's truck pulled into the parking lot in front of the building we were behind. Hopefully Two isn't driving because that would end badly. "When we get back I want a real explaination," Darry said before walking to the car. Sodapop helped me up. "It's okay, Kitty, he was just worried that's all. Let's go home," he said, wrapping his arm around my waist and walking with me to the truck. All of a sudden, I was out of Sodapop's hold and picked up and spun around. "HEY KITTY YOU'RE OKAY!!!! THATS MY GOOD KITTY!! OH I LOVE YA GIRL!! WHOO HOO!! " 

TwoBit.

"I'm... fine.... TwoBit," I said, gasping between breaths, I was laughing so hard. I've been missing him lately. Then it happened. It happened abruptly. He kissed me on the lips, and it lasted for much longer than it probably should have. Considering it was in front of the gang, including my brother. "OKAY TIME TO GO NOW" Steve yelled outloud, trying to end it. Just as I expected, Dally came out and grabbed my wrist hard and dragged me into the open back of the truck. "Guys go in the car. I have to talk to Kitty." Everyone got in the car, and Darry started the car to drive everyone home, since it wouldn't be very pleasant back at the house. This is going to be a long ride. We both laid down on our backs. Dally sighed. "Are you okay KitKat?" I nodded, "Yeah. The real question is are you okay." He glared at me. "What the f*ck Kitty? Am okay? You're the one who ran away and fell asleep behind a building and is messing around with guys and kissing TWOBIT and causing trouble! Sometimes Kitty. I swear." "It's not my fault we dont have the exact NORMAL life, Dallas! Its not yours either! You almost PUNCHED me! My own brother! I just didn't know where else to go!" I was kneeling on my knees now. The truck stopped, and Steve got out, interrupting our argument. "Kitty if you ever do that again I'm going to find you and skin you alive. Love ya," he said walking up to his house. God do I love our unusual friendship. The truck was moving again. "It happens all the time! Its not my d*mn fault!" I yelled, knowing it probably sounded unreasonable. "Kitty Winston you don't understand how stupid you sound right now!" he yelled. "Dallas you have to listen to me!" "I don't need you to explain things to me! I'm not stupid alright!" he yelled. My eyes started to water. "Dallas I don't feel comfortable being with you right now. I can't stay with you tonght. I need one more day to calm down. Please." He sighed, and glared at me for what seemed a long time. "Kitty you can stay at the Curtis house-" I cut him off. "Not even their house. I need to stay somewhere else. Somewhere different." He rolled his eyes in annoyance. "So what're you gonna do?" "What about Two-Bit's house?" "NO," he said almost immeditaely. 'Please come on. We're not gonna do anything. Especially because he's drunk. Promise," I said, holding up my pinky, like we used to do when we were younger. "Fine," he said, linking his pinky finger with mine. TwoBit got out of the car. "TWOBIT CAN I STAY AT YOUR PLACE" I yelled for no apparent reason. "Yeah my folks aren't home, but that'll probably be fine, KitKat! Come on!" he shouted, waving toward his house. I went to kiss my brother on the cheek, even though he tried to scooch away. "Love you Dallas," I said. "Love you KitKat. Even though you're a psycho." When I heard that, I turned around and flipped him off. "USE PROTECTION!" I heard Sodapop yell from the truck. Then I heard the faint noise of Darry scolding him., and the old but familiar truck driving away.

We got in the house. "You want anything to drink or eat?" he asked. "No I'm okay I'll wait till tomorrow morning," I said. "Alrighty. Hey KitKat Crunch I have a question." "What is it, TwoBite?" I asked. "Why did we break up again?" This is the subject I wouldn't have wanted him to bring up. And what does he do? He brings it up. "You said you liked other girls, and partly because of my dumba*s brother." He laughed. "Well I don't like any other girls," he said, sighing. "What're you talkin' about?" I asked, smiling. "KitKat..... I ..... I still love you." "I still love you too," I said, leaving him a bit surprised. "So.... Do you wanna be my girl again? Forever?" he asked. "Yes. Yes I do, TwoBIt Matthews." "Well it's official, KITKAT WINSTON!" He hugged me. "Wanna go to sleep though? I'm exhausted." "Sure thing, hot thang," he said, making me giggle. We settled in on his couch. I know. Classy. But we were too tired to go upstairs. HIs arm was around my waist, and everthing was perfect. Just as sleep was overwhelming me, I heard him whisper, "One more thing Kitty." "Yeah?" I asked softly. "You're brother's going to kill me." Without responding, and knowing that was completely true, I drifted off, and let my surroundings darken.