8 | i'll listen to you for as long as you want

Earlier that day, Donghyuck was walking home. He was stopped when someone grabbed his arm.

"Donghyuck! Please I'm sorry!" Someone said to him. Donghyuck turned around and saw his ex. He looked like a mess and he was begging Donghyuck.

"What?" Donghyuck asked him back.

"How do I get you to love me again," Seoyun asked. Donghyuck looked at him and didn't say anything. "Listen. I really do love you! I was just joking last time! Please!"

"I don't know," Donghyuck said as he looked away from him.

"I'll do anything," Seoyun was desperate.

"I'm sorry but I can't," Donghyuck said as he tried to walk away from him. He stopped him but holding onto his arm tightly.

"No! Don't please I need an answer now," He asked. Donghyuck looked at him and didn't say anything.

"I'll give you an answer tomorrow. Just let me think about it," Donghyuck said. Seoyun smiled and nodded his head.

"Thank you! You're the best Donghyuck! I love you!" He said and ran off. Donghyuck sighed and looked down.

🌻

Since then Donghyuck had been sitting at the bench thinking about whether he should go back to him or not.

"Donghyuck!" Mark yelled. Donghyuck looked up and saw Mark standing in front of him.

"Oh. Hey! What are you doing here?" Donghyuck asked.

"Looking for you. What were you doing here?" Mark asked.

"I was just thinking," Donghyuck said.

Mark sat down next to Donghyuck. Donghyuck looked at Mark and noticed all the bruises and blood all over his face. Donghyuck stood up and grabbed Mark's hand and dragged him to a convenience store.

They entered the store. Donghyuck made Mark sit down while he went and bought band-aids for him. He came back to Mark and looked at him.

"What happened?" Donghyuck said as he sat down right next to him.

"I'll explain after you help me out," Mark said. Donghyuck sighed. He took out the cream he had bought, he grabbed a tissue and wiped away the blood, applied the cream and placed the band-aid on his face. He continue the same pattern as there were several cuts all over his face from his father.

While Donghyuck was treating him, Mark couldn't help but stare at Donghyuck. He was pretty and he loved everything about it. His personality, his smile and how cute he was.

Donghyuck looked up and was treating the last wound. Mark gently placed his hand on Donghyuck's cheek and slightly lifted up his face. Donghyuck paused as it caught him off guard. He looked at Mark and saw him staring at him.

Without hesitation, Mark leaned in and kissed Donghyuck on the lips. Donghyuck widened his eyes, he looked at Mark. His eyes were still closed. Eventually he let go and looked back Donghyuck. There was a soft blush on both males faces.

Donghyuck was in shock. He didn't move or say anything.

"Hey. Can you re-draw the flowers on my hand and on my arms," Mark asked him. Acting as if nothing happened.

"O-Oh. Yea. I can," Donghyuck said. He grabbed his bag and pulled out the markers. He grabbed Mark's hand and started to draw on arms and hands. He went around the few band-aids on his arm.

"Will you really be a tattoo artist for me?" Mark asked. Donghyuck looked at him and smiled.

"Yes. I promise I will," Donghyuck said.

"That's nice. You know what you're going to do in the future. I don't know what I want to do with my life," Mark said. Donghyuck chuckled.

"So then why did you go to college? What exactly are you studying?" Donghyuck asked.

"I went to college because my mother wanted me to attend college so I did," Mark said.

"You really love your mother don't you?" Donghyuck said.

"Yea, I do," Mark said. He started to explain the reason why he loved flowers so much and how much they meant to him.

🌻

Mark last saw his mother when he was in high school. She had left the house they were all living in. Leaving Mark and his brother with their dad.

She unfortunately was also getting abused by Mark's father. She wanted to bring Mark and his brother but she couldn't. Their father would threaten to kill her or even one of their sons. She had to leave, she had no choice.

She wanted to have custody of both of her children and take care of them but she knew it wouldn't last. She was sick. She had an underlying illness that was quickly taking her life and only had so much to live.

She did end up passing away.

Mark and his brother were allowed to go to her funeral.Their father didn't attend, he didn't care at all. Mark and his brother were actually glad that he didn't attend his funeral.

But that same day, the same day at the funeral. Mark was disappointed. He was more disappointed in himself. He wasn't able to protect his mother.

He knew his mother's love for flowers. So since then Mark decided to take care of flowers and help them as much as he could. They reminded him of his mother and to him, he felt like he was protecting her.

🌻

"What flower specifically reminds you of you're mother the most," Donghyuck asked.

"Dandelions," Mark responded. Donghyuck widened his eyes. Mark had given him a dandelion earlier that day.

"Were they her favorite?" Donghyuck asked. Mark nodded his head.

"She loved them a lot. She was always upset that they wouldn't grow as big as an sunflower or even a rose. Yet she still loved them," Mark said as he smiled down at his hands. Donghyuck smiled at him.

"I'll tattoo that on you," Donghyuck said.

"Thank you," Mark smiled back at him.

Backstory and cute moment ;)

I hope you liked it!

Vote, Comment and Enjoy!