Chapter 1

It was my senior year at hell. Everyone else called it 'school', but let's be realistic here. Have you or have you not imagined one of your cocky son of a bitch teachers with horns and or a pitch-fork atleast once in your life? That was how I spent my class time, staring at the green chalkboard located in the front of the room rubbing my hands through my chocolate colored hair. Most likely why I'm failing almost every class, besides music of course. My name's Troye Sivan by the way, I think you'll like me.

Once the dreaded day had washed over I replaced my melancholy frown with a cocky smile at the sight of Tyler, Tyler Oakley that is, leaning against the white picket fence post grinning. "Thought you were going to go home and get ready for tonight?" I murmurred. Approaching my boyfriend I gave him a quick peck on his left cheek causing him to blush widely. Just what I had been wanting, that simple reaction. "No, I wanted to see you first, we have several hours before the dance." He looked up at me from his gray sweatshirt's front pocket that most likely stored prohibited chewing gum. "I guess we should use this time wisely then." I smirked gazing at Tyler who began blushing again. "I guess." He responded shyly.

~~~

It was a formal. I didn't prefer the occasion but we were everyone's high school sweethearts. The goody goody Tyler, who will feel dramatically guilty when forgetting an assignment, and I. I don't really know how to describe myself. I prefer not to be categorized. I'm not suggesting I'm going to be a dope ass bitch and be divergent and shit like that but you get my drift.

~~

Straightening my collar before heading out the swinging door I kissed my Mother goodbye. Normally kids my age disrespect or don't acknowledge their parents, but she's there for me. I suffer from depression. I wish my life was all bright and cheery but don't we all. I'm also a tad bit of a Mama's boy. That may be one thing Tilly and I have in common, besides our attraction to food.

~~

"Hey Handsome." I smirked towards the slim masculine figure towards my right entering the wide doors. "Hey Twinky." Rushing up to him I rubbed my thumb against his check proceeding to lean in to kiss the blonde haired boy. He looked so hot wearing his black tuxedo, accessorized perfectly with a pocket napkin and velvet tie. The things I'd do to that boy.

Lifting my lips from his I turned around to see several classmates cheering us on. I was particularly happy to be part of such an accepting high school. Giving a bow I turned back to his chest and proceeded the kiss not because they'd enjoy it, but because I would.

~~

The end of the night ticked by, Tyler's head lain gently on my shoulder. Mine on his head. Both of our eyes closed in comfort as "Thinking Out Loud" played from the speakers.

If I could have lived in this moment forever I would have. If I could have stopped I would have. If I could control myself. I would have.

Oh. I would have.

A/N: Hey all! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. I know it's short but I wanted to get something out for you all. Please know this is my first full fanfiction. I'm only going to get better in my writing. If you want to find me on other social medias here YA go! @IsabellaUrban -Twitter @ayeedits -vine @izzybizzzz - tumblr (I think tehe)