Chapter 8: Lie

"Hello, sleepy head." Nialls accent filled my awareness. I'm rubbing my eyes walking to the table him and Liam are sitting at.

"Good Morning." Liam says with a smirk. I smile back to him holding my stomach. I look down at the table they were sitting at. "Morning," Niall is chewing something, "Pancakes?"

"Yup. Here you go." Harry says and hands me a plate of golden pancakes piled high drizzled in powdered sugar and diced strawberries, then winks to me before I take a seat across from Liam and beside Niall, "Thank you." I put a smile on my face recognizing the same smirk on Harry's face from yesterday when he told me about his feelings. I grab the syrup in front of me and squeeze just a bit out on my pancakes. Harry hands me a fork, I smile and dig into the pancakes. I haven’t eaten since yesterday after noon and I wasn't planning to wait any longer. 

 After breakfast we all sit at the couch to watch a movie. I was curled next to Niall with Liam on my opposite side. Harry sat next to Louis after he came in about 5 minutes ago. I haven’t seen Zayn much but he did send a "Get well soon!" message after I left the hospital with Liam and Louis' name signed at the bottom as well. I hear my phone ring from the room I was sleeping in so I go over to answer it. Mai. I close the door and sit on the ruffled up sheets where Niall was sleeping. I tuck my toes beneath my legs that are crossed then put the phone to my ear.

"Hello."

"Ohh my God, why didn't you tell me you left with Manuel?!" I take the phone off my ear and shake my head a bit. She nearly made me deaf!

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you Mai. It all happened to fast."

"Well then... what’s up?" I look down at my stomach then feeling the bandages under Nialls shirt.

"Uhhm, well..."

"Spit it out." Her attitude was already showing.

"It’s a long story. All I want to say is: I'm not with Manuel; I'm with Niall and he still loves me. Harry confessed about having feelings for me and I've just gotten out of the hospital less than 24 hours ago." There's a pause. A long pause.

"What?" It wasn't Mai who said that. The voice was much deeper and very angry.

"Adam?"

"Tell me why the hell you were in the hospital!" I roll my eyes. I really didn't want to explain anything to him because I know he's going to say 'I told you so.' because I came here anyway after he said I would regret it. He was right; though wrong at the same time. Of course I didn't want to be stabbed by one of the people I’ve known for so long that I actually thought I could trust again but they stab me in the back... Literally. I ended up telling him everything.

"Ugh fuck! I told you so!" I roll my eyes again. This time with a sigh.

"Look, Adam I really don't want to talk about this... Just promise me not to tell mother or father."

"What ever. But that son of a bitch Manuel better be in British prison by the time you come back." He sounded annoyed but I still grew a smile due to the fact that he cared. Rather than my father. He never cares. The only time he ever cares is if it involves himself, or his money.

"Alright. Can you please give the phone back to Mai now?"

"I'm here."

"Okay, now that I cleared the news... what’s going on with you?"

"I've got news..."

"Do tell." Just get to the point.

"You're all over TV now." I raise my eyebrows.