01. MEETING

chapter one

chapter one

JANICE HAD BEEN BOTHERING ANDREW to meet her on again off again boyfriend since he had moved to the city a month ago. He been putting it off hoping they would just be 'off again' at some point. He wasn't the biggest fan of this Chandler guy she was 'on again' with. One to many nights he had been woken up with a phone call from his sister crying about how he broke her heart again. Andrew had no clue why he she kept going back to him every time he asked her out, but she was two years older then him so any time he told her not to she would just brush him off saying he was 'too young to understand' which at this point Andy just took to mean 'I don't have an explanation so I'm making some bullshit up'.

"Come on Natie, meet my boyfriend, isn't that what good brothers do?" his sisters voice hit his ears from the phone speaker, he winced a bit, thank haven he got dads voice and not moms, he loved his sister but her voice could be absolutely ear piercing sometimes, especially times like this where she was whining to get what she wanted.

"I don't kn -"

"Please, please, please..." her repeated the same word over again, know she would get her way if she annoyed him enough.

"Janice... Janice, Janice please.... just... FINE!" she stopped as soon as he agreed "fine... i'll meet him" he said reluctantly

"Oooh thank you, thank you!!!" he could almost see her jumping up and down "thank you, you won't regret it, you. will. love. him. come over tomorrow for dinner"

"Yeah okay, I should go, I have cleaning to do" he sighed.

"See you tomorrow, love you!" Janice said.

"Love you too" he hung up the phone and dropped his head down into his arms, the phone dropping on the counter from his hands.

Andrew lifted his head a moment and looked at the dishes he told his roommate he would do - on second thought maybe he'd just leave them for another day.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

The walk to Janice's was cold, and he had slipped on a patch of ice outside his own apartment building so he was in a sour mood already, but at least he was finally out in the apartment building. He raised his hand, his knuckles hitting the door gently, he could hear his sister from where he stood outside the door.

"That should be Andrew"

"oh boy"

Andrew put on a smile as sister opened the door and pulled him into a hug, he hugged her back, some cheap flowers in his hands for her.

"I don't see you enough for us living in the same city" she complained "did you fall?" she asked as she felt the wet spot on his back and pulled away.