Life Changing Interview

Chapter 1 – Life changing interview

Where is that blouse? I need it? I scream out, causing my roommate, Ally to come running in.

What is wrong Freya? Whats got you screaming? she asks while sitting on my messy bed.

I cant find my blue blouse! I stress out, while stuffing my face back into my closet.

Its in the laundry, hanging up she sighs out, I quickly rush into the laundry to check, only to find it exactly where she said it was. I am an idiot, it is sitting with my freshly ironed clothes that I did last night. Argh.

Oh, shit yeah youre right, thanks I breathe out before rushing back into my room to get dressed. Once Im dressed, I check the time and notice, I am running late.

I quickly grab everything before rushing out.

Hey, good luck beautiful Ally yells after me.

Thanks I scream back before hoping in my car. I am really nervous; this is my first job interview in my dream field since graduating from university. I have been applying for 3 months straight and havent even been given a second look. I currently have two jobs to keep afloat but it isnt a long-term solution, let alone I dont want my degree to go to waste.

This interview could be my last chance to get a job in this field, and it is with the best possible company I could ever wish to work for. The CEO Julietta young is my idol and I would love the opportunity to work within her company.

By the time I park my car I am shaking from head to toe. I have never been too good with my nerves. I quickly rush the two blocks to the city high rise, parking in the city sucks.

Once I enter the building, I force myself to slow down and look normal as everyone else before walking up the reception and letting them know why I am here.

Hello, how can I help you?

Um, I have an interview wit- I start before I get cut off by the receptionist.

With Miss young in 10 minutes? she finishes for me but with one exception.

I thought I was meeting with a Mr Davis? I question before I can stop myself.

Ah, yes. I believe thats what you were told but there has been a change of plans. If you dont mind taking this visitor pass and heading up to the top floor which is the 39th level and letting her assistant know your name. she says while handing me the pass and then going back to her work.

OMG, I cant believe that I am going to meet the CEO just for a simple interview, I am 500 per cent more nervous now. The elevator ride takes forever.

It just an interview, and I properly wont ever see her again if it goes badly. But if it goes well then well yeah.

Ding

Here we go. I mumble to myself as I walk off the elevator. I put my head up and walk towards the assistance desk, well the only thing in here except for Miss youngs office.

Hello, you must be Freya Fairchild, Miss Young is expected you please go on through into her office. The assistant says before I can even open my mouth. I just nod like an idiot before walking to the door.

I know the assistant said I could just walk right in but it didnt feel right so I knock twice. Shortly after I hear, Come in.

I slowly walk in, Have a seat Miss Fairchild Miss young says without even looking up from her desk. I obey and sit down, without saying anything. I know I should properly say something but suddenly my throat is completely dry and I have no voice. When I can finally work up enough courage to speak, she cuts me off.