Mach - Yuta 💔🦋

Tell me again why are we wearing these ridiculous handkerchiefs" you said as you adjusted the bright red satin scarf that was wrapped around your hair that was pulled into a high ponytail, "because it's tradition, one of the racers chose a girl and the girl has to wrap their scarf around their neck to give them luck for the race" your best friend soori said beside you, while she proudly smiled at you.

For some reason the two of you had been invited to the not so secretive street race that happened every month in the outskirts of Seoul, everyone in your college knew about them but no one knew where they were held at, the event was so secretive you actually had to be invited by one of the members to even watch the race and the invitation didn't happen face to face because no one knew who belong to the street racer's gang, only those who had witnessed the races knew who they were and they weren't allowed to tell anyone or they would be banned from ever going again.

To be invited you had to be given a written letter with the stamp of verification that no one could fake, the letter was small, only containing an address and some instructions that you had to follow, one of those being the obligation to bring a handkerchief of the color chosen by the racer who invited you to the event.

You and Soori had received yours two weeks prior to the race, and she was beyond excited, she couldn't believe she had been invited to the very secret but also the very popular street race of Seoul, you, on the other hand, were nervous.

You didn't like going to strange places not a lot of people have been and you had a lot of reasons to believe it wasn't a safe place, street races were illegal after all so you could imagine the place being full of criminals and people you wouldn't want to be neighbors with.

So when you first got your invite you almost broke it in half and threw it on the trash but your best friend stopped you, for some reason you couldn't quite comprehend, she was so excited to go, maybe it was because it was rumored that her long time crush Lee Taeyong was one of the racers, or maybe it was because, unlike you, she had a thing for adrenaline and everything that was exciting and taboo, just like this race.

It took a lot of convincing from her part to get you to go with her, but you had agreed almost instantly on the fact that you were really protective of her and she had threatened to go alone if you didn't agree.

Of course, the idea to try to dissuade her from going had crossed your mind but you knew it would be useless, she had started to prepare the outfits the moment you got your invitations, so trying to persuade her to not go to an event she had always wanted to witness would be like trying to persuade a fish to grow feet and get out of the water.

So there you were walking to what it looked like an abandoned warehouse wearing the stupid red scarf and the outfit she had begged you to wear.

You looked around the place, it looked like a very big and abandoned warehouse turned into a street racing stadium, the walls were filled with posters and there were tents of people selling stuff, there was also a big tent where people would go and place their bets on the racers.

You were surprised to see some familiar faces, people you shared classes with and others you had shared notes with, the place wasn't at all what you had imagined and that left you more at ease, but it still didn't take away the bad feeling that something bad might happen at any moment.

"This looks amazing" said soori looking around with stars on her eyes "it really is isn't it?" asked someone behind you and you both turned around to see Jung jaehyun looking at you with a smile "jaehyun, what are you doing here?" you asked surprised, jaehyun was one of the guys you shared classes with, one of those being history of art, he always arrived ten minutes early and sat right in front of the class, you had barely spoken to him but you knew he was a good guy, he always dressed appropriately and smelled so clean, you would have never imagined that you would encounter in a place like that, wearing a dark green sukajan with a black shirt underneath, he also had his hair pulled back and was proudly wearing a ring on his lip, to you he didn't look like the perfect student who always got the best scores in class, he looked like he belonged in a gang, he looked like his evil twin, a bad boy that partied every weekend and slept with tons of girls.