Chapter 2

(A/N no more Honami-sama, it is just Honami now… Btw if you feel like it let me know what American state/countries you are reading from, I’m intrigued)

Kiyotaka POV

    The first day of the month came, I walked to school with Hirata and Honami. The topic of our conversation was how we didn’t get any points at the start of the month. We three were fine on points, however, he had seen poor spending habits from our classmates and there was little doubt that many people were close to, if not, at zero points.

    While we were walking I ran into someone I unexpectedly became friends with in the past month.

“Hey Ayanokoji, what are you up to?” Miyake asked

“Not much, we are just heading to school. How was archery club last night?”

“It was ok, though the senpais were hazing us pretty harshly”

“Did you complain about it to anyone, isn’t hazing of any kind against school rules?”

“It wasn’t that bad, plus they bought us dinner to make up for it”

“That’s good”

    Miyake Akito is in the archery club, he doesn’t really hang out with many people, though I met him while walking home from school one day. He is a pretty nice guy.

    We sat down in our seats and immediately after Chabashira-sensei walked into the room Yaumuchi voiced his complaints in regards to not receiving any points.

    She proceeded to go on a rant about how worthless and stupid we are, then announced the results from a quiz we took last week and let us know that anyone who failed the midterm exam would be expelled from the school.

    There were 9 students below the point of expulsion and many other people who were uncomfortably close to that line. The last thing announced was the existence of class points and a hierarchy. Class D was on the bottom and Class A was on the top.

    We had zero points, we were both in an overwhelming position of disadvantage when it comes to how much it would take to rise to Class A, and we would be getting zero private points this month.

    This was very bad for the class morale, we would have no points for the start of the next month, and the next midterm would bring a risk of expulsion.

    We went home like normal and Honami asked me to come to her room right away. I made tea and she just stared at the floor for a little while. Even if I have only been with her for 7 months now, I know that she is currently lost in thought.

    A study group is the obvious first step, though there is nothing we can do about the points situation. I contacted Hirata and invited him over for dinner. When he arrived he realized it would be better to let Honami think for a while before getting involved.

    We made dinner together and shared our cooking techniques, I learned that he prefers meals that are lighter on calories, but he is not a very picky eater at all. We made a lasgaganga and iced tea.

    We took it to the table, though we startled Honami who completely forgot about our presence. We apologized then sat down to eat. We decided on times and dates for our study group. It would be announced in class tomorrow and for now, we just had to prepare materials and worksheets. I finished eating first and then got ready to leave.

“It’s only 6 o’clock, where are you going Kiyotaka?”

“I’m sorry Honami, but I will leave the clean up to you, I will prepare all of the study materials for tomorrow, this will include practice problems and photocopies of all of the notes, though I plan on asking Miyake to help me with all of this”