Episode 1

Before we start I'm gonna state I'm gonna be using the sub and only bring up the dub for changes in scene or weird retcons in the America version

The Background

Videogames and Animes always have a history together, some good, some bad, and the meh for Level-5 this is not the first anime they have made as they made Izuma Eleven and Professer Layton before with the help of OLM the animation team that work on Pokemon, PAC Man Ghostly Adventure and the mention Izuma Eleven so they have worked with video game properies before Yo-kai Watch. It was made by Team Inoue who have worked on the Little Battler Series.

For Yo-kai Watch as series it was revealed in 2011 for the Playstation 3 at Level-5 World but for some reason change to the 3ds along with a remade trailer for it. Hino say he want to make the Series "The New Doraemon" I say he did for a little while as the game was release in Japan on July, 2013 and November 6, 2015 for the US. They did released a manga before the game so that why the watch have a very different design and why the medal have faces.

The anime was in development back in June 17, 2013, The series say to aim where kid would relate to everyday problems and be primer in January of 2014, The anime is directed by Shinji Ushiro,produced by Yoshikazu Kuretani and Kiyofumi Kajiwara,written by Yoichi Kato and the music is made by Ken'ichirō Saigō.

There was actual a trailer for the anime which feature Whisper that have a different voice than the one present in the anime as most of it feature original animation for what the anime is gonna be like. Noway did appear in this trailer but also Snotsolong and Cupidstol two yo-kai that have not appear in the anime, Along that tag did not have there tribe on them but this did introduce medal picture that are still around in future series even when there not medals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdEZpXb4vkk

Time to talk about the first Opening and Ending ( I normally put any change of the ending at the end but because it was revealed before the anime air it fine to put it in the start)

The Opening

Gera Gera Po

sung by King Cream Soda

Yeah if one thing you rember this series is the OG opening of Yo-kai Watch it give a very party feel and tell that the show mostly comedy but show scene of Jibanyan and Terror Time to reminder there will be tearjerking and danger I say it a pretty good opening I feel like the dub is bit better at explaing the plot of the show but it a great opening. (Also Helmsman is here despite he does not get an ep until season 3 so I'm guessing there was a scrapped ep in early season 1)

9/10

The Ending

Yo-kai Exercise No. 1

Most of the Endings are using really high poly 3d models from the 3ds games with 3 exception which I talk about them when we get there.This song is just about bunch of random thing happen with to yo-kai. I personally don't like this song but I get why people like it

5/10

Before we start...

Season 1 have 76 Episodes with being base on the first 2 games of the series. Season 1 Started January 8,2014 and ended June 3,2015 for Japan. Each season have one movie and talk about them after the corresponding episode as I can't leave out movie as some movie character appear after there movie and there really important. One more thing I be calling everyone by there English name unless they don't have one. Also Spoiler warning for all Yo-kai Watch Games.

Yo-kai Are Real!

This Ep introduce many of the iconic character and items will be a stable of this anime. Nate,Katie,Bear,Eddie,Whisper,The Yo-kai Watch (which has really confusing lore which I will bring this up when the time comes)

Any ways this ep start with Nate open a magic ball and monologue what happen before this. He was trying to catch a bug but only got a tiny one and get make fun of and when he show it to Katie she say it average, So than Nate ran off to be a simp and try to catch the biggest bug and follow a firefly to the tree with Crank-a-kai (which in the game the tree is transporter to the Yo-kai world but is never used in the anime). Nate hear a unknown voice from the vending machine and put some yen and boon pop out our straight man of the series Whisper.

Whisper is a very interesting character as he not only the straight man but also the butt monkey trough out the entire series. He said that he was lock by a Monk who lock him for over 1,400 years, Season 2 eps did show hint Whisper was hiding something but it was forgotten about soon after that maybe Whisper was really evil but I talk more of his character when we get to Whisper Secret.

Nate does not give a fudge about it and want to just catch bugs (Honestly deadpan Nate I miss that trait as considering what he characterized later). Whisper use power to only be never use again and Nate leave to home. In the games Nate would have gotten his Yo-kai Watch by now and he would have Cadin as his first Yo-kai to defend after interrupting Buhu (Lucky these two yo-kai have there own ep to shine that we see very soon). The first Ep is a mash of Yo-kai are Real (Game Chapter) and Enter Jibanyan. We see Nate Mom and Dad fighting which they don't have name in the Japanese version but does have in the dub Lily and Aaron.

There fighting and Whisper notice and give Nate a package which have the Yo-kai watch. This fix the problem I had with Game Whisper having the watch cause I'm wondering how Whisper have this watch as it, as the first movie/second game prove this can not be the case Lucky this is fix in the anime an ep later this season say it was "recently" made by Steve Jaws so yeah. But this does not fix everything with the watch lore but we will get to that in the future. So it turn out to be Dismarelda just like in the game but unlike in the game Nate decide to talk it out and it worked so Happiare appear and they get along also Nate did not get there medal but he got it off screen. Also with Nate relaxing there this one weird change for only the Dub but it only for the Dub not the Japanese version is that the Yo-kai Watch can't be taken off, this is not true as multiple time later in the series prove this is not the case (Maybe that thought cause of the whole Model Zero Whisper to switch Watch) and plus if that was cannon in the dub that just make the Creator of the watch seem like poophead

Anyways this was a good introduction episode so I give it, this ep is just missing of Nate care\ing about the watch a bit more and I would have 5/5 but this is a....

4/5

The Spooky Intersection

So Nate have been hearing stories of cars nearly crashing at the intersection so he came to investigate the problem(I think he does less of this as the series goes on which is sad). So they scan the watch and they meet Jibanyan the Yo-kai from the Charming Tribe we posed someone (Which is never used again in the series) to try to beat a truck but blast off like Team Rocket. we get part of backstory. He remember he used to hang all the time with his owner Amy when he was cat, He don't remember his real name so Yo-kai call him Jibanyan and it stuck. One day he got ran over by a truck which is why he was trying to beat the trucks in the first place cause he was call lame by Amy(Also they remove cat Jibanyan corpse from the Dub for this episode and I can understand why). Which upset him so much and why he want to beat up a full truck to make up to Amy. Nate decide to help Jibanyan train to beat up truck (Which never happen at any point of the Anime series). Jibanyan give his Medal to Nate, they about to hug and get hit by a truck, well that was weird way to end the episode.

This Episode was a good introduction to Jibanyan while he not main character yet, I call him that when he moved into Nate house. This was a very sad too and even sadder with Jibanyan Secret being seen. I would have like Nate fulfill his promise in the anime but he never did but still it a....

5/5

So this episode is a....

9/10

A very strong introduction to the series

Join us next time as we meet a Saucer on the lake,A truth telling Pokemon, and Katie deepest secret...