Snow White with a Pomefiore Spin (Day 3 - AU)

Have you ever seen a prince scrubbing the garden steps, dressed in a rag like a scullery maid?

It wasn't fair for Vil. He's a prince, the first prince he might add, and yet he wasn't allowed to join in the kingdom meetings. Neige was allowed, so why wasn't he?

Vil let out a sigh, wiping the sweat from his brow. He poured the remaining water onto the stairs before going back to the old well. His late father mentioned that this is a wishing well. Quite childish, maybe. But this is his father's belief, so he respected that.

Look down the well. The waster was so clear that he could see his own reflection. He let out a sigh. "If this is a magic wishing well," he muttered. He leaned down, speaking in a louder voice, "I wish I can get out of here." I wish I can be free. Not stuck in something that I don't want.

"Then why don't you escape?"

As the water rippled, Vil noticed another person's reflection. He stepped back, looking at the newcomer. He recognized him. Leona Kingscholar, the prince of Afterglow Savannah.

"Can I help you, Your Highness?" he asked.

Leona smirked. "You're the first one whoever calls me that." He looked at Vil from head to toe. "So what's the First Prince of Land of Pyroxene doing here?"

Vil rolled his eyes. "It is none of your business."

"Well, that's a shame." Leona walked closer to Vil, reaching for his chin and lifted it so that their eyes can meet. "A pretty little thing like you have to deal with the lowest job."

Vil huffed, slapping the prince's hand before walking back. "If you're here just to laugh, Your Highness, I suggest you don't waste your time. Isn't the meeting starting in another hour?"

Leona shrugged. "I have time." He looked around, noticing the drying stairs. "You're working on your own?"

Vil sighed. "You've noticed?"

"Any reason? Or are you that type that does random shit when you are upset?"

"You really like to speak out your mind, huh?"

"Only when I can. And you?"

"Mother doesn't let me often. Maybe when I'm old enough to rule."

"And when is that?"

"Probably never. She would probably make Neige the king instead."

"And you're okay about that?"

"Of course not!" Vil nearly kicked the bucket next to his feet. "I'm the firstborn and yet I don't get to be king."

Leona chuckled. "Life isn't fair, isn't it? Two princes who are unable to be kings. How sad."

"You know how it feels?"

"All the time."

The wind blew softly between them, their hair dancing with the breeze. They didn't say anything, just a mutual silence. Just two princes with the same fate. Vil knew that the kingdom's meeting won't last forever. This was also their first meeting. But Vil enjoyed the short companionship. Maybe they could meet again in the future.

If only he didn't die first from eating that poisonous apple.