GOD KNOWS BETTER

It was as early as 5:30 a.m. and I woke up for my Namaz. I completed my Namaz and went out for some unnecessary ( as I felt it to be ) exercise as per my daily routine. I returned home after my exercise and started getting ready for my school. Everything was fine till then but suddenly, the feeling of normality dropped to tension and fear.

As I reached the school, I realised that it was the first and last day of submission of our Maths project and I forgot it at home. Fortunately, according to the school time table, Maths period was the last. But still I was worried that “How am I supposed to get my project from my house! I'm such a foolish person. How can I forget such an important thing?”

I thought God will help me. I started praying; “Please God! I have never asked for anything from you till today (though I ask everyday) but now I want you to not let the Math teacher come to school on time. I want you to put so many hurdles in his path that he couldn’t reach the school.” Magically, God heard my prayer but not completely. He was late though according to the reporting time of teachers but he was present. I saw an imaginary note in his hand for me which stated-“Today is your last day on Earth.”

All students and teachers started gathering for the school assembly. He approached me and asked: “Brought the project?” My veins went cold but I gave him an artificial smile and nodded my head just to prevent any scolding right then. I didn’t speak anything because of depression for the whole day.

All the periods passed by and then came my horrifying period. As the bell rang for the last period, I could hear myself saying: “Nobody can save me now. Goodbye my friends & family. I love you all and I regret that I couldn’t  express it. After now, we will meet in heaven”, though he hadn’t even entered the class yet.

After a couple of seconds, our Math teacher entered the class. All students greeted him and everybody had a seat. He took his book out and started teaching. All the students got confused. He continued to teach till the half of his period and then sat down. A few students asked him to collect the projects but he said: “Not today”.

I was so relieved by these words of his. But also I got a lesson for life. God doesn’t help you according to what you want. He helps you according to what you need. If God would have heard my prayer, the chapter of Maths scheduled to be taught that day would have been a burden the next day. God knows what’s better for us better then we do and this strengthened my faith in God since then.