chapter 1

Matthew POV

I walk into the empty room, not really sure what I'm looking for, but at the same time knowing that I would find the answers here. I slowly walked around the room, feeling the wall, when my hand suddenly ran over a rather large bump in the wall.

I quickly pulled out my pocket knife before cutting open the wallpaper that was in the way. I peeled back the rest of the wall paper, only to find a small safe sitting on the other side of a vent. I used my knife to unscrew the vent. Once that was done I grabbed the safe and got a closer look at it. I was about to try and open it when I heard a crash come from the living room of the abandoned house.

'SHIT! How did they find me here?!' I thought as I quickly thought of an escape plan.

I saw an open window a few feet away from me. I looked at the door, hearing their damned footsteps getting closer before I bolted for the window. I was halfway through the window when I heard one of the men scream something, and the next thing I know I am being yanked out of the window and back into the room.

Matthew, this is the third time this month. You were admitted to us for help, but we can't help you if you keep running away.”

The man in white was trying to reassure me, but I knew what he truly was, I wouldn't let him fool me. I started doing anything to get out of his demonic grip. I was almost out when I saw his eyes turn black and I was thrown against the wall.

“MATTHEW!! Wake up you dummy!!” I quickly jumped up from the awful dream I had been having, frantically looking around only to find my self in my boyfriends room.

I sighed with relief, knowing that that had all just been a dream, no matter how real it had looked.

“You had another one of those dreams didn't you?” My boyfriend, Apollo, asked me after I had calmed down.

I just nodded, not really wanting to talk about this at the moment. He crawled over to where I was and hugged me close to his side, resting his chin on top of my head. I closed my eyes and let myself relax in his comforting grip.

“I promise that we will get to the bottom of these awful dreams.” He said quietly.

I smiled and looked up at him, staring into his bright blue eyes. He smiled back at me before pecking my lips and laying us back down on the bed.

“I promise to keep you safe Mattie, don't worry.” He reassured me once more before we fell back into a calm, comforting slumber.

What the boys didn't know was that they were coming for the young boy, and nothing would stop them. They would not stop until they had the boy in their grasp.