chapter 2

Apollo POV

I opened my eyes and looked around, seeing that I was still in my room with my little Mattie. I really worried about him, wondering just how much more of these awful nightmares he could take. I know that he is strong and all, but these nightmares have really been getting to him. I sighed and decided to make him some breakfast before he woke up.

I stood up off of the bed and made my way to the door. I was about to leave the room when a small voice stopped me.

“Hey, where are you going?”

I turned around and saw Mattie sitting up in the bed, rubbing his eyes. I smiled at how cute he was, wondering to myself how I got so lucky.

“I was going to make us some breakfast, would you care to join?” I held my hand out for him.

He chuckled and stood up, making his way towards me. I give him a quick hug and a peck on the lips before making my way to the kitchen. He smiled and followed me down the stairs.

“I was thinking about maybe making some waffles, how does that sound?”

I looked over at Mattie, only to find him on the ground, holding his head like he was in pain. I dropped the waffle mix and ran over to him, kneeling down so I was next to him.

“Mattie!!! What's wrong? Are you okay?”

I quickly tried to think of anything that might have caused this to happen, when I thought that this might be because of the dreams. I thought about what I did before to calm him down when he was freaking out like this, but before I could do anything he passed out.

I picked him up and set him down on the couch, taking a deep breath while trying not to freak out. This has never happened before. I mean, sure he's had headaches before a couple of times after these dreams, but they have never been this bad.

I sighed before laying down with him, softly kissing his head before relaxing with his sleeping body.