Just a Rumor#1

Just let me love you~ you ~

Let me love- let me love you~

"Roasted almonds and nuts," The booming voice of my evil best friend's resonated in the background breaking the tune of my favorite melody.

Oh my God. I need to see an ENT as soon as possible to know the condition of my tympanum.

"Are the secrets between us." I completed the rest of our secret code as my tone made an appreciable difference of decibels with Yukti's.

She beamed at me. This girl is going to be the death of me. I furrowed my eyebrows and squinted eyes at her.

"Are you planning on killing me?"I threw her an irritated look.

If it is for anyone else, they would have been downright mad at me.  But Yukti somehow manages to catch my sarcasm. Maybe that's a common thing between best friends. I shouldn't be surprised.

"Oh, let me think about it after two months when I come back. Aww, did I scare you, pussy cat? Huh? Oh my god, you're so funny. No, it's not funny, my pal. By the way, how should I kill you? Knife or Poison? Oh my god, I'm officially mad right now," I know that just when the dog bit you, dear friend. She paused to give me an apologetic smile, "I don't want to get all emotional with you."

"It's okay, only for two months, right?" I reminded her of the fact to calm her down.

"Yeah. I'm not sure about that." She looked at me longingly. It pains me even to know that we may not have a chance to meet again.

"Let's hope for the best." I gave her the hope-filled light torch and my hundred-dollar smile that made her smile in return.

"I'll miss you, dry fruit." Haha, there you go. The infamous and sarcastic Yukti is back. Woohoo!

"I'll miss you too, pumpkin. But let us pull this off."

She pulled me into a hug when I kissed her on the cheek. She just scrunched up her face in, probably disgust? I gave her a 'what's with it, girl?' look.

"Eww, you should still learn how to kiss, babes." I'm offended by my best friend.

"If you lie, there's a possibility that a crow can excrete on your head. Do you know that?" I replied though it's not true.

But people I know do say that a crow bites off your nose if you spite in lies. I just modified it to make her believe it. Before she can even throw in a witty response, the announcement for her flight started. Yukti bit her lip and looked at me.

"Bye." She said very meekly.

"Bye."

"I'll see you then."

I nodded in agreement, unable to form any words at the thought of missing her for two whole months, and failed miserably at fighting my tears their way back. She chuckled and joined her parents to board the flight.

I cannot stay here and cry, like a girl who lost everything in her life. I rushed out and boarded my designated Uber cab to retrace my way back home. She's everything for me after my family. So yeah, this is how Kriti's life turned into a forlornly one all over again. But I feel something different this time.

"Wait, who's Kriti?" I spoke to myself.

"Oh, that'll be me," I replied to myself.

Nope, I'm not mad.

Once I reached my cozy nest I removed the accessories on my body and placed them at their righteous places.

"Kriti." My mom yelled from the kitchen.

"Dinner's ready. Come down." My dad completed it for her.

"Yup, be right there," I yelled back.

Ah, the perks at being the only child for your parents. They shower their entire love on you and pamper you. Just awesome. But one does need a sibling to share all their silly thoughts with. I miss that. But I have no right to complain.

Just as I was about to head out of my room, "Ping, ping, ping." My phone tried to prove its presence. I quickly took interest in checking it out.

Notification: Whatsapp: The RULERS(3)

My classmates.

Liya: did you guys hear about the exchange student?

Ron: Yeah, what about that?

What?

Oh, yeah, the exchange program. I envy that kid. My parents thought that if I applied for that program I would get easily selected in the grace of my impressive marks and then they have to send me away. They were reluctant to do so. Yeah, I was flattered at the moment.

Before I could view the third message, my pumpkin already started to miss me.

Yukti-pumpkin: hey, back there you were listening to serendipity by Jimin, right?

I smiled and sent the reply.

Me: yup!

This time there were two pings. One from both. I checked Yukti's first.

Yukti-pumpkin: so, you heard euphoria by jk?

I would die to hear it again and again.

Me: yeah, I'm in love with him.

There wasn't any further reply from her. I left my phone in my room and rushed downstairs.

******____-----____******

Family dinners are the best in Vardhan's. Today's topic for discussion was how to cast votes fairly during elections in huge democratic republic countries. It was amusing to watch both of them raising points and debating neck to neck. Yup, none is declared as the winner in the end. In such a case, we would have to brace ourselves for World War III.

No, I'm not kidding.

I hopped into my PJ's when my phone rang.

Yukti-pumpkin calling...

Hmmm.

" Hey, pumpkin. Missing me already?" I smirked.

" I never expected this from you of all people. How can you hide it from me of all people?" Her agitated voice cried from the other side.

" Chillax, Yukti, don't get all dramatic over nothing. Now explain to me." I tried calming the calamity.

" You are in love with someone. You didn't think of mentioning it to me? Never?" She uttered calmly.

I got hit by a double-dose of laughter.

" I'm in love with Jungkook, you have to know that? Oh, God."

It was her turn to laugh now though it ended humorlessly.

" Dear Kriti, check all your texts in the past two hours." Her tone held a warning so I obliged with her.

Whatever I discovered later that moment made me yell as if I've seen a hybrid creature of a Dodo and Dinosaur. The LAST message was sent in...The Rulers. I gulped thinking of the consequences that are to be faced.

To the Goddess of rumors, please show mercy!

"Don't get all dramatic over nothing, Kriti. Face it bay-beh." And she hung up on me. How can she do this to me?

What have I gotten myself into?

Good-bye to the tour in my dreamland.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~;)  

Stay tuned my dear adventurers...