Something Worth It

"Don't you just think they're fabulous?" I ask, turning to my bestfriend Karla who was currently watching The X Factor with me in my living room.

"Actually nah. I think Rebecca should win." She answered keeping her eyes on the television.

"Yeah. Shes lovely and has a great voice too. But, One Direction are pretty great. Even if they don't win. They'll be big I just know it." I say, not noticing the tiny smile that I was growing.

"Fat chance sweetheart." She turned in my direction, confidence clear in her eyes. "They're not good at all, and if someone said they could make it by with just their looks. Well then they'd be lying." She finished with that award winning devlish smile of hers.

  I was pulled out of my thoughts by my bestfriend who had turned around to face me. I was zipping up her short satin red dress that I gave her a while back because I got skinnier over the years and it didn't fit me quite well as it used to.

"Hey watch it you zipped to hard. You trying to  rip off a chunk of skin or somein'?" She questioned, growing a huge playful smile.

"Yes. You're skin is just so perfect. I want a piece of it so I can add it to my collection."  I said with reassuring eyes, but a sarcastic tone.

"Nah. I'm kiddin' its your dress. Rip off all the skin you'd like, just not the face." She replied chuckling and growing another smile.

"Turn around so I can finish zipping. Unless you want to show up with your dress already uzipped half way."

"Dunno. Maybe it'll make it easier on him for when he trying to take it off." She said sticking her lips out and bringing her hands up to her head, only to have them fall back to her sides. I looked down awkwardly then quickly looked back up at her to force a smile.

"Here. Turn around so I can finish zipping. Today is going be your day." I said, voice slightly cracking, and mind spacing out to have flashback.

"Which ones your favorite Gen?" Karla asked, pointing at a picture of One Direction inside the magazine she was reading. "I mean all of them are pretty cute I guess." I shot up an eyebrow and gave her a questioning look, even though she wasn't paying attention to me. I clearly remember her saying a few months ago when they were on X Factor that none of them were good looking at all.

"I thought you said that none of them were attractive?"

"Fame and money looks good on all guys Gen." She said turing and giving me a wicked smile. "Now answer my question, and don't you dare give me that 'they're all my favorite' bullshit. One of them had to catch your eye first." She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Well. Niall obviously. He has the most outstanding-"

"Ouch. The one with the crooked teeth?" She said wincing.

"His teeth are sexy." I told her chuckling.

"Maybe wrapped in money they can be."

  I shook myself out of it too look over my bestfriend. She had her long light brown hair half up half down, the tips curled. She wore the short red satin dress with gold heels to match her gold earrings and gold Michael Kors watch. She wore very little foundation, mascara, eyeliner, and a small amount of blush.

"I Look great I know." She said turning around to look herself over in the mirror again.

"I know. He'll think you look awesome." I said, the hurt clear in my voice. She noticed, but decided to ignore it  anyways.

  This reminded me of yet annother memory that I don't really want to remember but probably will anyways.

"I got us both concert tickets. Front row too. Maybe if we're lucky they'll  get close enough to sweat on us." Karla squealed once I opened my front door for her to come in. I screamed and hugged her. At first I was pretty mad at her for going from hating them to loving them. But I got over it, being mad for that kind of stuff was childish.