Chapter 2

your pov

Focusing on the class was proving to be a challenge. I kept sneaking glances at the boy next to me, but he seemed to take no notice.

did I really expect him to, though?

In what felt like a heartbeat the class was over. The bell rang and I packed up my things, walking through the door and down the hallway.

Well at least now I can go home.

"Excuse me, miss L/n?"

I turned around to see an older man who I figured was some sort of teacher. He walked up to me, gesturing for me to come with him.

"Please follow me to my office." He said, walking into an empty room. Immediately I felt myself panic a little.

I just got here, what could I have possibly done wrong already?

I slowly walked in after him, sitting in a chair in front of his desk. I noticed a name card on his desk that read 'Vice Principal Enomoto'.

Why am i in the vice principals office?!

"First of all," he started, holding a stack of papers. "I would like to formally welcome you to Inarizaki High School."

I nodded politely, worried as to what else he was going to say.

"Second, since you are starting here already in your second year, you are going to need to join a club. Your options are limited since many are already full, but club membership is mandatory here. You are required to choose one by the end of the week, or you will be randomly placed in one. Understood?"

He handed me the stack of papers, which I realized were club signup forms.

"I understand, sir. Thank you." I replied, carefully putting the papers into my bag.

"You are dismissed. Enjoy the rest of your day." He said. I grabbed my things and made my way out into the hallway. It was almost empty now, most students must have already left. I walked down the stairs, through the front doors and outside to the front of the school.

"Hey, Y/n!"

I turned to my left and saw Atsumu and Osamu walking over to me. My mood instantly improved.

"Hey! What are you guys still doing here?" I asked once they were close enough to hear me.

"Well, Osamu saw the Vice Principal pull you into his office, and that's never been a good thing for us. So we thought we would wait and see what happened." Atsumu explained.

"We already had to stay since we have practice, so it wasn't a big deal." Osamu added, scratching the back of his neck.

"Thar was actually really thoughtful," I replied. These guys hadn't even known me a whole day, but wanted to see if I was alright. "It wasn't anything bad. I just need to join a club by the end of the week."

"Oh. Do you know what you're gonna pick?" Osamu asked.

"Honestly, no. I wasn't in a club at my old school, so I'm not really sure what I would be interested in." I answered.

Suddenly Atsumu looked at me, an excited grin spreading across his face.

What now?

"You should join the volleyball club!" He exclaimed. Osamu looked at him, seemingly a little surprised.

"Oh no, I've never played volleyball. I don't think I could be on a team." I said, trying not to laugh. I didn't think I looked like a volleyball player..