~ambition

This is a stream of conciousness, written on a very long train ride to Harbin, China. My feet froze and the man in front of me snored incredibly loud. 

Stop, rewind and pause, just one minute there, back it up and freeze.

Felt the dew between my toes and kept walking because it made me feel alive,

Wrapped around my thoughts and was sucked into a black hole of colour.

But right now, in the snap of life all I can feel on my skin is the breeze.

Knocked forever and ever, until my knuckles bled, on a heart-shaped door.

And I can't help that, there's nothing I can do, my hands are tied and tired,

Lost in seconds it takes for me to realize there's more than what I have here.

I'm wishing for a heartbeat, but I find it's just wood and nothing more.

Open your eyes and realize that sometimes a person needs to be robotic.

It's approved, I was a time in your life and you were a time in mine,

There are sunsets; let the future trajectory pass, let's move on from here.

Over time being human for long enough can make your body sick.

Don't you just wish you could turn off your humanity, go against the web.

Networking connections and trying to constantly prove that you're worth time,

It's not easy though, it's always or nothing, it's raw vision or something.

The pinching feeling in your brain forces you to the unwanted flow and ebb.

But we'll dig a little deeper and pour saccharine on the ideals we're sold.

Paste a smile on the face of time and I'll hug you if you're crying,

Hold up, wait a minute, you're heart is beating and you need to cover it up.

The stinging slap of reality's hand; the realization that the world is cold.

Can't have it telling me facts, make me believe what it's not, so stop.

Move forward, it's windy, it's wet, you'll trip, scrape, bleed to the top.