CLEEDS: Moment of truth.

”Can we watch a movie?”

”Sure. What do you want?”

”Frozen.”

You shook your head every time you remember it. But it had already been eight years and it was still ingrained in your memory. That night when you finally admitted that you loved her and spent the night watching Frozen for what seemed like forever. She sang along with every song, giggled at the funny parts and cried when Elsa hit Anna’s heart. She was a ball of emotion but you wouldn’t have her any other way. She had been your drug. Her voice was your calmative; her smile and laughter were your anti-depressants. She was a very important part of your life and you knew it would have been very different without her.

As you waited inside the empty theater dressed in a white button down shirt, sleeves rolled up to your elbows, and black slacks, with your guitar hanging on your shoulder, you let out a deep breath. This was it. You didn’t know how she would react or if she would even agree but you decided to give it a try. You were thirty, she was twenty-six. You were both old enough to make this decision whether to walk down that road.

You strummed and the sound echoed in the empty room. The only other persons with you were Gunner and Chandra who were in the control room. Larissa was doing the task you gave her and more than eager to help out. Your other siblings agreed to help, too, and you couldn’t be more thankful. You were nervous. Very. But you tried to hide it. It wasn’t like you to be nervous. You were always up in the air without support, moving from one beam to the next and it didn’t faze you. You tell yourself you got this.

The door slowly opened emitting light from the outside and you knew there was no turning back now. You looked up at the control room and saw your friends giving you the thumbs up and a first pump. You smiled at them, nodding.

When the door revealed her in a white dress that falls halfway on her thighs, you gaped. You still couldn’t believe that you were taking that step, that you were taking that step for her, for the both of you. You smiled, seeing that she was still blindfolded, your sister, Larissa, guiding her as she stepped down slowly. When they were near enough, you started to strum and they stopped. You saw how quickly she took off the cloth blinding her. Her eyes widened at the sight of you, in the middle of the stage, strumming your guitar, singing.

I wanna make you smile, whenever you’re sad.
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
All I wanna do, is grow old with you.

You sang the words without looking away from her. Your whole attention was focused on the woman who had changed your life for the better, who made you realize that you should have a little fun and who accepted you for who you are. Despite the bad moods, the grumpy attitude and some other times the hurtful words, she still stayed by your side. You were very thankful to have met her, to have her in your life and thankful that she allowed you to stay in hers.

As the song neared its end, you walked towards her, going straight down the stage not bothering to use the stairs. Larissa started to move away, too, leaving you two to get things done. You smiled at her. She smiled back, her hands covering her mouth, her eyes watery, her shoulders shaking from uncontrollable joy, laughter and everything else. You put down your guitar when the song ended, placing it on the nearby seat.

You fished out something from your pocket, a black velvet box. At the sight of it, she looked at you, stared then her eyes turned back to the box."clementine." you said, your voice deep, soft. "i know i have been a major arse to you. eight years is too long a time and i don't know how you deal with all my shite." you chuckled, your eyes glowing with love for her. you took her hands, dwarfing them with your big ones. you brought them to your lips, kissing them gently, never breaking eye contact with her. knowing that what you were gonna do next is the most cliche thing ever, you still did. because you know she would love it. you dropped on one knee, opening the box in front of her revealing a ring with a snow flake shaped design, a big cut of diamond at the center and it was surrounded with little studs of diamonds.

"clementine beesley." you said with a dazzling smile on your face. "will you do the honor of being my wife?" you finally said. you waited for her response. she just stared at you, her face an open book of mixed emotions. her hand flew over her mouth, tears started streaming down her cheeks as she nodded her head vigoriously. "yes. a million times." she voiced out and you jumped on your feet, cupping her face with both of your hands and crashing your lips on hers. You pulled away, staring straight into her eyes. You heard screaming coming from the door and you looked over her shoulder. Your siblings were there, your parents and your friends in the control booth were also cheering you on, congratulating you. You turned your attention back to the woman who was the most important person in the room at the moment.

"i hope you understand that there's no running away here" you clarified, smirking. She nodded and whispered, i know.

"and that you're going to deal with me more than before." you added, and she nodded yet again. i know "and this is going to be forever."you said, saying those words to yourself, too. Convincing yourself that it was happening, that it was there. She nodded. i know. can you just shut up and kiss me? she smiled.

You smirked, shaking your head. "when did you become this feisty?" you teased but didn't let her answer as you claimed her lips, pouring all the feelings you had for her in that one sweet moment. When you pulled away, you looked straight into her eyes. "i love you, Clementine Beesley," you whispered and you smiled. Right in front of you was everythng you've ever wanted, everything you thought you wouldn't have. But she was there, looking at you the way you looked at her. And that was when you believe that forever... maybe forever really did exist.