Epilogue

"It was strange, Hyung

"It was strange, Hyung. I had the feeling of a second presence with me this whole time."
"Is that why you're so worked up?"
"No. It wasn't until at the car on the way here."

Chenle drops onto the couch with a tired sigh, not forgetting the strange warmth and subtle touches despite being alone the whole day. Jaemin emerges from the kitchen and is followed by Renjun, and they immediately run over to Chenle for a hug.

The couple didn't look any better, for their eyes were red and puffy. Chenle gives a small smile, trying to look strong even though he was quite literally falling apart. Donghyuck frowns at Chenle, taking a seat right beside him.

"I felt his..hand on top of mine. It was so surreal. I mean, I felt all the warmth and all that..but that moment was too real. I really thought Jisung's hand was on mine."

Chenle was just inching to fall into tears, and the two elder males were more than ready to comfort him. Hyuck wraps an arm around Chenle, trying to relax him as his breathing begins to quicken in pace.

"I...I visited Mark-Hyung today."

Chenle says, trying to take his mind off of earlier. Donghyuck hums as a response, and Chenle tries his best to follow Renjun's breathing exercise. He finally steadies himself and exhales heavily, closing his eyes and resting for a moment.

"How was it, Chenle?"

Jaemin asks in a soft but breaking voice. Renjun looks at him sadly, bringing his head down and placing a reassuring kiss on it. The elder thanks him quietly, slightly moving closer to him as they sat on the couch with their hyungs.

"I don't know really. I'm just..I'm just glad one of them survived their surgeries."

Donghyuck grimaces at the mention, and so do the other two. It was still a painful memory, and if they could take it all away they would in an instant. Chenle sighs loudly, his voice breaking as he remembers the incident.

It happened a few months ago. Mark and Jisung were in a cab, on their way home as they agreed to just split the fare. The night would have gone on smoothly if a truck had not made the mistake of speeding by, catching the driver off guard and swerving into a disaster.

Both men suffered serious damages, and operations were needed. No one could forget the day they all stood in the building with so much fear and anxiety. Drowning in terrifying thoughts and endless tears. And no one could even imagine the pain Jisung was going through.

No one dared to imagine the pain Chenle went through when the news came out.

"It would have been golden if Jisung survived, though."

Chenle's strength had reached its limit at the sentence. He covers his face with both hands as he breaks into loud cries, failing to keep himself intact and stable. All three of his friends cover him with embraces and words of comfort, trying their best to make his heart feel safe.

He promised Jisung he wouldn't cry so hard, and even though he failed to fulfill it by breaking apart in Shotaro's arms the same day they found out...he was willing to keep his last promise no matter what.

No matter what.

Thanks for reading! Votes and Comments are appreciated!

🎉 You've finished reading Let Go, My Love| Chenle & Jisung| NCT✔️ 🎉