.

She still isn't sure about this. This whole relationship situation. It goes against her belief, goes against so much of what she lived her life by-and yet, something about it keeps her going.

Maybe it's the way she felt... less inclined to kill something when around him? Or maybe it's all those times she caught herself looking at him for a little longer than necessary, and him doing the same. Or maybe she's just overthinking it, and she's just experiencing what people like Silverfang called contentedness?

She sighs deeply. The bland egghead shouldn't be taking up so much of her thoughts and yet, he does. Maybe it's not the egghead's fault, but rather the fact that her life has gotten so dull that he's ironically the most interesting thing in it. Well, in a way that is true. Their whole relationship is just plain weird.

After all, not even Tatsumaki herself thought they were compatible at first.

Really, who could blame her? They were leagues apart in character (and until she admitted recently, strength), barely knew each other, and threw insults on their first meeting. To become a couple... she wrote it off as a joke the first time someone told her that.

~xXx~

"Anyone ever tell ya y'both look like a couple?"

Two weeks into this stupid arrangement of theirs. Two weeks she had to be watched by the worthless A class egghead. Two weeks of her life wasted.

The damn association didn't like her 'tantrum', and had assigned the stupid baldy to 'keep her in line'. The first week was just reporting to him, sticking around his lousy A class apartment, and dealing with whatever the hell came with it. Out of pure boredom (not spite) she challenged him every day. The second week, he asked if there was something she wanted to do.

Today, she decided to visit the festival.

And now, when she could finally have some fun, the delinquent pompadour head just had to come ruin it. She just wanted to enjoy the festival. Why did they have to bump into him, and why did he have to ask something so stupid?

"Me? Egghead? A couple? Tch, please. Not even in his dreams!" she scoffed.

"Ya say dat, but here ya are at a festival, being all close and shit. Y'don't call that being a couple?"

She glanced over to the baldy, who was currently looking at the snack stands with the delinquent's little sister riding his shoulders.

"Hah! As if. I'd quit being a hero before I ever enter a relationship with that stupid baldy."

Metal Bat raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Betcha' 500 yen."

"Tch, like taking candy from a baby."

His smirk remained.

~

They had just finished another fight, ending once more in a tie. Even more of the mountain range had been destroyed in the process. They sat on the edge of one of the still standing cliffs, staring into the distance and feeling the wind blow past them.

"Hey dude?"

"What do you want egghead..."

"Do you ever get bored of life?"

For a moment she stopped admiring the scenery before her. "What?"

"I mean, you're strong, right?" the baldy asked as he continued kicking his feet. "Doesn't it get boring being so strong?"

"Yeah?" she answered hesitantly. "So?"

"How d'you deal with it?"

"Why do you care, baldy?"