Sarah

A/N: Day 2. Okay this is based around season 1, episode 3, after Daniel sees Patrick. All suggestions welcome. Thanks

------------------------------------

Daniel Grayson was still pretty shaken after the events of today. Seeing Patrick made him think back to last Summer.

~Flashback to last Summer~

It was coming up to Christmas time. And like most other holidays, Christmas time was an excuse for the Grayson family to have one of their massive parties.

Daniel Grayson had met Sarah a month before. He had really connected with her.

His mother, however, as usual, disapproved of Sarah. He found her immature and poor. And the fact that she was a cocktail waitress from one of the suburbs did not settle well with the Grayson matriarch.

It was the day of the Christmas party. Daniel, of course, had brought Sarah, much to Victoria's disapproval. It was coming up to 11 o'clock. The party had started well before 6. As the time came round to the speeches, Daniel heard those exact words..

'Merry christmas everyone. Especially my husband, Contrad, my daughter Charlotte, my best friend Lydia, and my son Daniel, who can be seen here tonight with the cocktail waitress who should be serving instead. I am not too sure why she should be allowed in here. Well, Merry Christmas to you all.'

After hearing those hideous words escape from his mother's mouth, Daniel took Sarah and escaped. They were driving along the freeway when the mass amounts of alcohol he had had, took his toll. He started hallucinating and turned a corner that wasn't there. The car wrapped around a utility pole and that's where they were left until Sarah managed to free herself enough to call her brother and his mother.

~End of Flashback~

As Daniel cuddled up into the arms of his girlfriend, he thought about how lucky he was. Last summer, he had thought he knew what love was.

What he had with Sarah was far less than what had already blossomed between him and Emily, despite only 2 weeks together.

As she fell asleep in his arms, he thought about how lucky he was to have her, and was just glad that she hadn't come a year earlier and saw him then.

He had changed, just in time and was ready to commit to her. And as they fell asleep in each other's arms, he felt time begin to stop, as there was no place he would rather be.