K I S S O F R E G R E T

Rhett woke up extremely early this morning, he looked so cute dressed in his plaid suit and red tie with his books and briefcase

Rhett woke up extremely early this morning, he looked so cute dressed in his plaid suit and red tie with his books and briefcase. He kissed me goodbye before heading out, I laid in bed for a few more minutes before getting up and taking a much needed shower. The whole house smelt like sage and herbs, I walked downstairs to see my mom walking around with a sage stick.

Last time I checked we didn't have ghost

"Mom, what are you doing?" I asked while she motions her hand up in the air making sure the sage covers the entire room.

"It's white sage, good for negative energy." She laughs, I should have seen this coming when I seen all those crystals strapped to Andrew's neck.

She's turned into a complete hippy, that would explain the plants and stones all over the place.

"That's just great." I smiled, brightly.

My mom started reorganizing her crystals on the entry table, I crossed my arms over my chest. That's not weird at all.

"Why do you look so professional?" My mom casually asked.

"I have a job interview today." I grabbed an apple off the counter before walking out the door, I couldn't be late.

A big shot company wants me to work for them what dimension I'm I living in that I actually have a shot at getting a job, it's a newer company but they've already worked with so many celebrities, it's a good job that pays very well. I know Rhett doesn't want me to work but I need something to distract me during the day while he's busy at work.

I parked in the visitor parking before slipping my heels on, I shook off all my nerves before pushing open the doors. I walked over to the receptionist to turn in my id, it was mandatory for security reasons. She gave me instructions where to go, I quickly thanked her as I walked down the long hallway.

I was nervous, this is like my second interview and the first one I had an affair with her husband. Jesus, what is wrong with me.

I knocked on the door, a deep voice told me to enter. I walked inside making sure to close the door behind me, there was someone sitting behind the huge desk in the middle of the office but the chair was turned to the front meaning all I could see was the back of the chair.

"I'm Adora Ridges." I mentioned trying to get them to turn around.

"I know who you are." That voice sounded so familiar I just couldn't pin point it, suddenly the chair turned revealing him to me.

"How was Paris, love?"

I felt like all the oxygen that was inside me disappeared as I took him in, his once short brown hair was now long and in a shade of a dark reddish color. His hand rubbed against his newly trimmed beard, his grey eyes watched mine intently.