Lies lies lies

"Wha... what?"

"I know Adriana, that you're the Huntress"

*Flashback to when Adriana disappeared*

"Hey Kai, I need to talk to you", Todd said at his desk.

"Sure what is it?"

"In private", he said leading Kai to the old filing room.

"I have this theory, well it might not be a theory if it's true.. and I don't know how to tell you this but..."

"Stop muttering Carter!" he said annoyed.

"Here look at this", he said showing Kai a video on his tablet. "I hacked into the security system of the place Agent Evans was held at. Look at this video of Adriana fighting the guards."

"Okay so, she's very skilled in fighting, we all know that"

"You see that move right there that she did", he said zooming in. "There's only one place in the world where you learn to do that move, it's called Nanda Parbat, that's where the League of assassin's are located"

"League of assassin's? Aren't they a myth?"

"Oh no they are real, very real. Look at it, tell me where you've seen a move like that?"

"I haven't"

"Exactly"

"So she uses an uncommon technique, what's that got to do with anything? She's a black belt in karate, kickboxing and all other martial arts."

"Look at this video of the Huntress fighting the guys the other night. Look at hers, then look at Adriana", he said putting the two tablets together showing the videos. "They're using the same fighting technique"

"So what? Lot's of people fight the same"

"Yeah, but not this. This move is only known to the league of assassin's. The Huntress must have been apart of that, and so did Adriana."

"So you're saying they know each other?

"No Kai, I'm saying what if Adriana is the Huntress"

"Wha.. what? Adriana is the Huntress?" he asked laughing. "That is absurd!"

"Think about it Kai. The Huntress shows up in town, and the next day we get Agent H. And the 'H', classic cover so people don't recognise her surname."

"Her surname is Hirano"

"Yes, I did some digging on that place Adriana stayed at when she got here. I found an old newspaper on the story of that Japanese mafia boss who's family was killed a decade ago. Did you know that that owners surname was Hirano?"

"So that man was..."

"Her father. And the story of her mother was true. Adriana's mother was a Brazilian model, a model who married into the mafia after she supposedly vanished from the world"

"So what does her family got to do with this?"

"It's not just about that. Think about every time the Huntress struck. Where was Adriana? That time Adriana disappeared, the Huntress was saving people's lives and dealing with criminals"

"That doesn't mean it's her, it could've been anyone Todd. And what about that morning the Huntress killed a man in his office. When I woke up Adriana was coming out of the bathroom."

"How do you know? I mean, you were asleep. And what about her bathing, you said it was strangely silent that morning. Normally when you bath you hear the water running, or water splashing."

"Why do I even tell you all of these things?"

"Umm...because I'm your best friend der", he replied rolling his eyes.

"Okay, but this is kinda starting to make sense.."

"Of course it does. Think about it carefully, Adriana's death was faked with her family, she joins league of assassin's and learns things not a lot of people are capable of doing, and then returns home with double lives. And in avenge for her father's death, she targets mafias, gangs and other criminals."

"I umm.... I need some air", he said about to leave the room, "keep this between us".

*now to today*

"So that's, that's how I found out", he said sitting on the couch opposite me. "Is it true? Are you really the Huntress?" he asked, but I stood there quietly for 1 minute straight, my eyes still in shock and head completely blank.

"I umm.... I need some air", I said and left the room.