Finally

Peta woke up on her couch and rubbed her eyes. She checked the time on her phone. 4 o'clock! It was Valentine's Day and she was sitting on her couch in her pajamas eating a box of chocolates. She had no boyfriend, but all of her friends did so they were all out. As she scrolled through her Instagram she saw lots of Valentine's Day posts that her friends posted. She sighed when she got at text from her best friend Sharna.

*Peta's POV*

Hey Paul's out of town so I was wondering if you wanted to go out?
Sure. I texted back.
I'll pick you up at 6:30😉
Okay👅

I took a quick shower and then dried and straightened my hair. I made sure my makeup was perfect, then I picked out my dress. It was a short red dress that hugged my curves perfectly. My dress matched my lips perfectly. As for my shoes I had my favorite black heels.

It was 6 o'clock by the time I was done so I sat down on my couch and waited.

A couple of minutes later I heard a knock on the door. I quickly ran to the door excited to have a girls night with my best friend. When I opened the door my smile had faded. The person standing in the door was not Sharna, but it was James.

James was my season 18 dancing with the stars partner. We clearly had a connection and there was no denying it. Before dancing with the stars James and I went out for dinner but I hadn't seen him for another six weeks after that. I just didn't want to get my heart broken again, but it was hard to hide our feelings for each other.

"Um, what are you doing here?" I asked nervously. "I came to see you." He replied. "I'm sorry but I'm busy. I'm going out with Sharna." I said back. "Well actually Sharna set this whole thing up." James said scratching the back of his neck. "And I would like to take you out."

I paused for a minute and thought about what I should do. "Okay." I said quietly. I saw a quick smile from James. James then reached his hand out for me to take. Taking it I smiled looking down.

This would be an interesting night.

[..]

James had told me to close my eyes so I would be surprised when I saw where we were going but I couldn't take it anymore. "James are we there yet?" I asked. "Yup, you can open your eyes." James replied.

When I opened my eyes I wasn't sure where we were. James then quickly got out to the car and opened my door for me. "Okay, your gunna have to close your eyes again." He said putting his hand over my eyes. "Okay." I giggled and grabbed his other hand.

This was unusual behavior for me to fall under a mans spell but it was definitely happening.

I heard a loud door close behind me and that let me know we were inside. We walked a little while longer until James said "Okay open your eyes." I opened my eyes and we were in a ballroom. Not just any ballroom but the dancing with the stars ballroom. It was already set up with everything for the new season which was just weeks away.

There was a small table in the middle of the dance floor with two candles, and two plates of food.

"James.. What are we doing here?" I asked quietly. "I just want to show you how much I care for you." James replied. I just blushed and looked away from James not knowing what to say.

James then took my hand and led me to the table. While we ate we caught up on new things and laughed. When we finished eating music started playing softly. "Peta do you want to dance?" James asked. I nodded as James he'd his hand out for me. I wrapped my hands around his neck and rested my head on this shoulder.

Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?

Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?

Darlin' I will be loving you till we're seventy.

"Peta." James said. "Yes." I said still resting my head in the crook of his neck. "I think I'm in love with you." James whispered softly in my ear. "I think I'm in love with you too." I smiled back at him.
---------------------------
Short but sweet Jeta one shot❤️