Time changes

Assistant: Sir, your 200 crore deal has been signed up! They have given a nod.

Arnav (without any reaction): Okay you may go now!

The assistant goes away and talks to his colleague on how he has no reaction on it. They discuss about how their boss is really cool regarding this. There was no sign of exclamation.

Garima (in tears) : Bitiya, they have agreed to get you married to their son.

Khushi(tears): Really mamma? I am so happy.

She hugs her. Shashi comes and hugs them.

Khushi: But she was your childhood friend na? I heard that they are really rich now. Situations change. She married a rich businessman and her son is working in a really top company. Will he agree to this? I mean we are just a lower middle class family. Did you really tell them about us?

Garima: Arree Khushi! Malvika Mehra is my childhood friend. She had said to me that she'd get our children married.

Shashi: But Garima, You cannot be that much confident on this one. Time changes and so do people.

Garima: offoh! Shashiji look they have sent an invitation for Khushi to have dinner with them in this hotel.

They see the invitation and Khushi was wide mouthed. They had asked her to meet them in Radisson Blue hotel. Khushi wasn't sure about this. They had asked her to come alone and not with her parents. Garima distributed sweets to all their neighbors. She flaunts with all of them saying that her daughter is going to get married to a rich guy. Then after a two or three days, Khushi goes to the hotel. She was really nervous as it was the first time for her to be at a five star hotel. She goes there and has her knees shaking. She meets the three of them on a table. They weren't reacting much. Mr.Mehra gave least notice of her. The guy was looking at her up and down and gave a grunt. Khushi was perplexed. But Malvika was smiling at her and asked her to sit.

Malvika: How is Garima, beta?

Khushi smiles saying that she is fine. They have a conversation and suddenly Mr. Mehra asks her openly.

Raja: Why are you wasting your time talking to this middle class girl?? You said that you wanted us to meet a girl for Anand. Call her soon.

Khushi was taken aback and Anand was seeing them here and there.

Malvika: Well this is Khushi, Garima's daughter.

Raja (getting up) : What??? How could you imagine getting my son to this cheap girl??

Anand: Are you serious mom??? I am the vice president of the Enchantress company. Does this girl even know how much I make per month???

Malvika: but... but...

Khushi was all in tears by now. She couldn't handle it.

Raja: Stop it! I wonder how you are getting along with these middle class people. How come is this girl's mother your friend?? I wonder if this girl could pay even the bills now. Look she drank a coffee and do you know how much this costs? It's okay we can pay the bills for this beggar family. But I can't give my son to her.

Khushi (bellowed) : Enough!!! I said it is enough! I can't bear more! I very well know to pay my own bills.

Others looked at her. She didn't care about the change and places a 1000 rupee note on table and storms away. She goes home and tells everyone what happened. Their parents cried. All their neighbors badmouthed about them. Garima couldn't handle it. Shashi's shop faced with a loss. Khushi planned to work in a private bank. She goes and attends the interview. But as she comes home, she notices Garima still.