Final

"What if someone that never gave you glances suddenly likes you?"

"Like suddenly Irene of Red Velvet confesses to me?"

I laughed. "Your example is extreme but okay. What will you do?"

The boring days flowed with me spending most of the time jumping to one group of friends to another. Kim Junmyeon happened to be my next stop. I ruined his plan to read. He was stuck on the same page since I came to the library.

"Why? Someone likes you?" He teased.

"Nope." I was so open with him most of the times but not for this problem. "I just want to know what guys think about it."

"Are we talking about Myungsoo?"

He was persistent to make me spill the beans.

"No. And why do you think that it is about Myungsoo?"

"You don't just ask me random thought, May. I see you guys hang out lately." He smiled.

"It's not about him." I stated firmly. "Fine. Forget it. How about you with...what's her name again? The one from Rivergreen?"

He scoffed. "Don't change the subject!" he blushed and it was fun to see. "I'll ask her out on the 14th-"

"On the Valentine's? That's cheesy!"

"Shhh! Besides, I want to watch IU with her."

"IU?"

"IU will sing on the Valentine's! Here! In your beloved school, May!"

"Really?! Why did I not know that?"

"You really live in a cave."

A clearing throat sound heard from the librarian. Junmyeon and I offered a sheepish smile.

~*~

Miyeon: Get me her autograph! I'll do whatever you want! Asdfghjkl!!!

IU's coming made Miyeon regret her decision to join her brother to go to Jeju. The same thing also happened to Myungsoo who started his vacation in Taiwan earlier. He wasn't a fan, but still.

In the end, among three of us I was the luckiest as I would watch one of the best musicians we were proud of.

I was in the school hall with my friends. The boring hall shifted into a ballroom with Valentine's ornaments everywhere. Even the committee required us to dress in pink for the girls and it was black for the boys. I didn't have pink so my sister's dress clothed me. It was a knee length dress with a white long sleeved bolero. I added white scarf around my neck. My sister also contributed for a pair of shoes I was wearing. My hair remained in a ponytail.

My juniors, Jackson and Sejong, who were in charge as the MCs had opened the event. When they were telling that the most anticipated agenda was about to begin, I was excited as I was picturing IU on the stage. But then, it turned out that they would start a game to choose ten couples to dance.

"This is really happening?!"

"Oh, man!"

"Ridiculous!"

"What?"

Surprise, complaint, excitement mixed in the hall after the announcement. Then, the MCs told the girls to stand on the left wing and the boys on the other side. I shook my head as I obediently followed the instruction. Once we separated, there were two big groups of girls and boys, standing face to face. Next, there were some committees randomly picking girls and boys.

"You're not picking me!" I playfully threatened the girl who pushed me. But it happened. I was chosen.

Meanwhile, a commotion emerged from the male group as Chanyeol, a notorious boy in our school, was picked. They joked that Chanyeol didn't need the game. He knows how to chase girls, they say. However, Chanyeol ended up being among the chosen boys. He chuckled, shaking his head, as if he couldn't fathom the situation.