Medellin prologue

A/n: hey y'all..this is my first work ever hehe so I'm super excited to see what y'all think^^..constructive feedback is appreciated  :) <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Medellin was beautiful. There was something about the vivacious chaos in its streets which entranced even the strongest critics.

Despite its perpetual and painful battles with substance abuse, drug lords and other underworld vices, Medellin's scars only made it look tougher, like the city could tackle anything thrown at it. Escobar's reign left the city in shambles, but something about melancholy radiated an ember of graceful pain.

Despite the poverty in its favelas, the inhabitants led a simple,yet happy life, full of celebration, song and dance with whatever little supplies they had. From atop a high ground, one could notice the most colorful and vibrantly decorated facets of the city were the favelas, or slums.

Graffiti in praise of the great revolutionary, their Messiah, Che Guevara adorned the otherwise dull, poignant walls. While the rich side of the city was gilded with bright, golden streetlights, the favelas were painted in a plethora of shades, splashes of color averting gazes just as honey attracted ants. Despite the sorrows, despite being branded by the entire world as a third- world country, Columbia, Medellin shone bright. A kind of beauty that words would fail to explain, but clench the heart deeply.

Julia swung her hips to the beats of the bongos, dancing without a care in the world as her brother and his friends played on, cheering and singing to the latest reggaeton fad. There was something about a Latina's hips, which made them move like no other women's could ever
dare. The thing with Latin music was, that nothing would fade out of fashion. Reggaeton and Trap had never changed since its dawn, only the lyrics and faces of singers coming and going, while the heart of the beat remained true to its origin. Every latino could feel it in their veins, the throb of desire in the lyrics, the rush of adrenaline in the beats, everything just had her in her groove.

she whipped her head around, her hair swaying from side to side until a hint of familiarity caught her eye.

His eyes were a brilliant, deep, empty, pit of black, a color that never failed to mesmerize her. She was enraptured by the sheer sheen in his eyes, the pathway to his soul paved with an intriguing beauty. She felt like she was diving into an ocean of oblivion with just one look of his eyes, and she swore she wanted more.