Inspection

I looked up at Jasper's tall stature. I flashed him a smile and jogged down to my bedroom.

I decided to change out of my skinny jeans and and put on black see-through tights with a black scuba skirt. I stepped back into my black worn Dr. Martiens and decided to keep the black sweater I had on.

I grabbed my blue slouch backpack and started to throw in a couple packs of spearmint gum and two extra sweaters. One black and one purple. I picked my wand up and ran down the hallway.

I reached the door and hesitated.

"Jasper you can crash here tonight,"  I say.

"Okaaayyy!" he replied. I could already hear him in the pantry.

He ran back with a bag of Doritos and slammed his lips against mine. I kissed him back and ran my hand through his hair.

He pulled back and stopped kissing me. "You taste good." he said. He ran away and giggled before I could smack him.

I rolled my eyes and said "I'll be back," and closed the door.

                            ***

I walked to the end of my driveway, looked to see if anyone was watching and thought hard about my destination. I finally felt that familiar feeling of something wrapping tightly around my chest and landed with a 'clomp' as my Docs hit concrete.

I looked around and started making my way towards the huge front doors of the Ministry. As I glanced around, I saw three people, who were pale in the face wearing ministry work robes. As I walked inside, I wondered where Snape was. He said that he would be here. As I walked I saw a huge plaque that read "MAGIC IS MIGHT" in bold letters. I walked up to one of the many fireplaces in the Atrium and said "Department of Mysteries!" then threw the powder into the green flame.

                              ***

I landed to a shiny black hallway with pale-faced witches and wizards lined up on a bench outside the courtroom. Now I really wondered where Snape was. It was kinda worrying me. I walked up to a man with short black hair wearing black robes at a podium in front of the long line.

"Name, Miss?" he asked with a condescending tone. "Beatrix," I answer with confidence. "Beatrix, Beatrix, Beatrix," he muttered as his finger slid down a list. "Ah, Beatrix Frank?" he asked. "Yessir," I mumbled. He dragged a bright blue highlighter over 'Beatrix Frank' and smiled. "Your wait time is 45 minutes." I sighed and shuffled away to the back of the line. 45 minutes? This was going to take a while.

"Beatrix! How nice to see you!" A lady with curly ginger hair said. She ran up from her seat and hugged me tightly. "It's Snape, Honey," the lady whispered in my ear. I gasped and leaned away. "Sn-," he covered my mouth and drug me by hand into a room. "Bea, you slipped." He stated, back to his usual deep voice. He uncovered my mouth and I sat down in a chair, saying, "Yeah, yeah I know." I sighed and slid lower into into the purple velvet chair.

"Why didn't you inform me that you were showing up as a wrinkly old lady?" I asked stubbornly. "Well, I was just going to walk on in, since I'm a "Death Eater" and I'm the headmaster at Hogwarts, but wouldn't it seem a little odd seeing a Death Eater merely look at a muggle-born? And I was pretty lucky I found some extra Polyjuice potion in my cloak." I sighed. He did have a good point and I didn't have a good comeback, so all I could say was, "True".

He pivoted on his heel and his pink high-heel shoes clicked on the marble floor. He sat down in the chair beside me and sighed. "I really don't understand how women wear these torture devices," he said, kicking his high-heels off across the room and tugging on his bra. I giggled as he winced as piece of underwire poked him in the chest. I did kinda feel bad for him, for he had picked a woman with large bust. "And you wonder why I always wore Docs or Vans under my robes," I joked. He chuckled and playfully hit me in the arm.

"I think your 45 minutes are almost up," he said. "Yeah, yeah I know," I replied. He got up and motioned for me to follow him. I heaved my self out of the chair and walked behind him to the main hallway where the waiting room was.

"Mrs. Cattermole should be out in any minute, Miss. Since you're going next, I'll have to take your wand and hold it until your inspection is over," said the man at the podium. He flipped through the papers and found my name again. "Ahhh, 12 inch oak with dragon heartstring core?" He asked. "Yes," I replied and handed it to him. "Thank you, Miss Frank. It will be returned after your inspection."

I spun and walked back to my spot on the bench. I wanted my wand! I didn't feel safe without it. I glanced down the hallway and saw Dementors floating around the hall and a silvery cat patronus in front of the licking its paw, oblivious to its surroundings.

The cat stopped what it was doing and glared at the door next to it. All of the sudden, the cat dissappeared. I looked back at the old lady with the ginger hair. "Snape. Snape!" I whispered. He was looking the hallway too, with a confused face.

Then, the door down the hallway burst open, out came flying the two wizards and witch I saw walking in. The old witch who had grey hair, now had a brown curly mess flying behind her. The head of the group of three stopped abruptly tugged on the shirts of the other two. His hair was changing from a professional, slicked-back look to a mess of black hair. "You need to run. Run away with your family. Go as fast as you can can. Now. GO!" he yelled.

Everyone ran as fast as they could to the fireplaces. I stood up and ran to the podium guy. I wasn't leaving without my wand. "I need my wand please," I said. "Why here you go, madame," he said. He thrust it towards me and picked up his own wand. "Expecto Patronum," he said casually. A silvery dragon came out of the wand and look at him expectantly. "Yaxley, I need your help with the others," he said to the patronus, who then took off through the floor."Wha-," I stuttered. He then lifted his shirt to reveal a skull with a snake in the mouth. I gasped stepped back. He pressed the death eater scar with two fingers and grinned widely.

"Shit."