01🌻

~The one with the sorting hat~

"Oakley!! Get your ass up!" Her dad River called from downstairs

Groaning 11 year old Oakley slowly stirred awake. When she woke up she realized that today she'll be starting her first year of Hogwarts. Excitedly getting ready she got dressed, brushed her hair, brushed her teeth, and ran down the stairs, missing the last step she tumbled and landed right on her bum.

"Hey clumsy nice landing there"

"You know I always love entering the room dramatically.... James!! When did you get here"

"I've been her for a couple minutes Oak, don't you remember we're going to the platform together?"

"How could I forget I'm going with the most annoying boy I know." Oakley said playfully.

Walking towards the dining room the air smelled of waffles and bacon. Sitting down at the table with Oakley and James parents, they ate with the sound of laughter filling the room.
After eating Oakley and James went up to her room to collect her stuff, and headed out to the car.

"She keeps her Moet et Chandon"
"In her pretty cabinet"
"Let them eat cake", she says"
"Just like Marie Antoinette"
"A built-in remedy"
"For Khrushchev and Kennedy"
"At anytime an invitation"
"You can't decline"

Oakley and James sang, it was their song as they called it.

Arriving to 9 3/4 the kids bid a goodbye to their parents and rushed to find an empty compartment. Sitting in the compartment the two children easily started on multiple conversations, until they were interrupted by a knock on the door.
After the knock a boy with long black hair walked in.

"Can I sit here? All the other compartments are full." He asked

"Of course! I'm Oakley Greyson this is James Potter."

"Sirius Black pleasure to meet you"

With that a fellow red head and greasy haired boy came in.

"Mind if we join you, I'm Lily this is Severus."

" Yeah sure I'm James that's Oakley and this is Sirius."

"Soo what house do y'all wanna get sorted into?" Sirius asked.

"GRYFFINDOR!" Oakley and James exclaimed at the same time.

Severus muttered something rude under his breath.

"What'd you say?" James asked.

"Oh nothing just don't know why you would ever wanted to be sorted into that house. When clearly Slytherin is the best house there is."

"Yeah a house full or rotten evil beings." James said earning a nudge in the stomach from Oakley.

"My whole family is in Slytherin but I'm hoping to get in another house." Sirius said.

"All houses are great, and no one should be treated wrong for their house." Oakley said kindly.

Severus just scoffed and grabbed Lily and left.

After the left the three children chatted away and became great friends then and there. After hours of being on the train they finally arrived.

"First years here!" A big tall man yelled. The three filed into the crowd. "Alright kids in the boats you go er.. no more the four in yer boat." Luckily for the trio they got a boat just the three of them. After the boat ride they followed the tall man into a hall where a lady in green robes stood. "The firs' years, Professor McGonagall," said Hagrid.
"Thank you, Hagrid. I will take them from here." Following the Professor they stopped at a pair of giant doors.  "Welcome to Hogwarts," said Professor McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room.
"The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rulebreaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.
"The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting. I shall call you when we're ready." Professor McGonagall said.

After disappearing for a few minutes she came back leading the first years into the great hall. Oakley looked back at the boys nervously and said "No matter what house we get in promise we'll stick together?"
"Promise!" Both Sirius and James said sticking out their pinkies to connect.

After what seemed like a million kids James and Sirius were called and were both sorted to Gryffindor.

"Oakley Greyson!"

Looking around nervously she caught eyes with James who gave her a big thumbs up. Oakley carefully made her way up to the stole where the hat was placed on her head.

"Huh very interesting, your loyal and hard working as a Hufflepuff, although your  inner Gryffindor outshines your Hufflepuffness. So that shall do......"

"Gryffindor!!"

Oakley excitedly hopped down and made her way to James and Sirius. As she sat down she caught sight of a boy with scars all over his face.

"Hey your scars are awesome, really hot too" Oakley exclaimed

"Well ummm thanks Remus Lupin." The boy said awkwardly

"Oakley Greyson! Your my new best friend!"

"Hey you can't replace me!" James yelled

"Well I just did get over itt."

With that they fell into a fight of laughter. After talking and eating the boys soon met Peter and became great friends with him. While Oakley met Ivy and declared her as her new sister.

A/n!!!!
Hi! So I really just wanted to get a chapter out to start it but it late so I didn't end it off well but I'm still proud of this chapter I would say it's one of my best. Hope you enjoy much love ❤️

Happy Valentine's dayyy! 02/14/21 actually more like lay it just turned 12 :))💛