Chapter 20

Maddie's POV
***************
I can't remember anything. Really I can't. Like as hard as I try I can't. All I remember is me reaching for someone and me getting whipped by my dad. But I can't remember why. And I don't want to know why.
~
Matt came in bed with me. I cuddled up next to his chest and listened to his heart beat and his breathing. "I thought I was gonna lose you mads. You could've died." He said quietly. I nodded and said, " I can't remember anything that happened, but I am here for you." He smiled. I sat up. "At least, I think I'm alive." I smiled. He laughed, "well is this real?" Before I could answer he kissed me. His lips moving with mine. He pulled away so I could answer. I sighed a happy sigh, "ya that was real" he laughed again. I love his smile. The doctor came in to check on me. "Madison, I need to see if you can stand up and walk. But we can take it easy." I nodded and Matt helped me sit up and get out of bed. They unplugged me from the wires. Matt looked me in the eyes," you ready?" I nodded. He let go of me so I could stand on my own. I grabbed the table to help myself, since I looked like a fricken Skeleton with skin on it. I slowly let go of the table, and stood there. But I do admit, I shook. Matt came and helped me hold myself up. That sounds really sad that I can't hold myself up and it's true. And That's pathetic.
~
Matt let go of me and stood by the doctor. Cameron and Nash came in. "Walk to us Lock" the guys said. I put one shaky foot in front of the other and slowly made it to them. By the time I got to them, I was out of breath. They all caught me and I was heaving big breaths. The doctor was writing on his clipboard. "So you'll either need crutches or a wheelchair. Which one?" The doctor said. I hung my head back. Great. More kids making fun of me for doing nothing. "How long will I need them?" I asked. "Um. We don't have an exact time, but estimated is if you eat good and sleep good lets say, about 3-4 months". I let out a sigh. "Which would be easier?" I asked. "Probably the wheelchair because you are so weak now, and crutches uses strength so I recommend the chair." I nodded. He brought in the wheel chair, and I sat in it. They gave me a cushion for my back, and on the leg/foot thingy(I don't know what it's called. Lol) and on the arm rests. "And you'll need someone to wheel you in it also." The doctor said. I nodded. Cam immediately grabbed the back and pushed me around the room. I laughed as we went around the room a few times. "Think I'm a good driver?" Cam asked. "If you didn't go so fast then ya" I said laughing. He smiled. "It's good to hear you laugh again Mads" Nash said. I smiled and grabbed his hand. He rubbed it with his thumb. "We love you maddie" they said. "And I can't tell you how much I love you guys." They all bent down and gave me kissed on the cheek.
~
I changed out of my patient clothes/ scrubs and put on a vans tshirt and a pair of joggers. Cam pushed me out. Nash, Matt and chad trailed behind us. As we got outside, the bright light hit me and I couldn't see. "Wheeeeeeeee" cam yelled as we ran outside to the car. I laughed the whole way there. Cam grabbed me from my wheel chair and put me in the car. Everyone caught up and chad drove us to my house and dropped us off. And then we had to talk about what's gonna happen with me.